Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Remove cover on Toro Briggs/R-tec 141cc w-cycle engine - Power Clear 221QE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hakaplan

Remove cover on Toro Briggs/R-tec 141cc w-cycle engine - Power Clear 221QE
Original Message   Jan 30, 2016 2:06 pm
Hi folks. I'm trying to replace the coil/magneto module on this engine and have looked everywhere online and cannot find anyone who's discussed having done it. It appears that the only way to gain access to the coil is by removing the engine cover. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get the cover off without having to remove the whole engine from its mounting. Has anyone had experience with working on this engine, and in particular removing this engine cover? Is there something I'm missing? I can't believe they would have designed it like this. Thanks very much for any help. Howard
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
ralphfr

Re: Remove cover on Toro Briggs/R-tec 141cc w-cycle engine - Power Clear 221QE
Reply #1   Mar 21, 2016 9:08 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msHpqVm5unw If you haven't figured it out by now I believe this video explains the cover removal. Have a 221QZE myself but so far have not needed to remove it myself so I have no tips for you. Good luck.
This message was modified Mar 21, 2016 by ralphfr
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42