Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Dual Belts

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Paul7

Dual Belts
Original Message   Jan 24, 2016 10:10 pm
Last summer I finally got around to installing the dual auger belt modification to my Ariens 11.5hp blower. Wow, what a difference in performance over the factory single belt. Yes it was a pain getting off the old pulleys that were frozen on but it was worth it. Speaking of "frozen". I took a break from Storm Jonas and went inside for dinner...when I went back out the chute deflector cable was frozen. Had to bring it in my heated garage to let it thaw out before I could use it again. Anyone have a solution for keeping control cables from freezing.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Moderator Denis

Re: Dual Belts
Reply #1   Jan 25, 2016 7:13 pm
Take some white lithium grease and heat It up until it become liquid. Use a seringue and pour the liquid into the cable I do that twice a year. Never had problem with the frozen cable. Try It it's free.

Paul7

Reply #2   Jan 30, 2016 11:43 pm
Worth a try. Thanks for the tip.
iLikeOrange

Reply #3   Feb 2, 2016 6:51 am
Paul7 wrote:
Last summer I finally got around to installing the dual auger belt modification to my Ariens 11.5hp blower. Wow, what a difference in performance over the factory single belt. Yes it was a pain getting off the old pulleys that were frozen on but it was worth it. Speaking of "frozen". I took a break from Storm Jonas and went inside for dinner...when I went back out the chute deflector cable was frozen. Had to bring it in my heated garage to let it thaw out before I could use it again. Anyone have a solution for keeping control cables from freezing.

Could you describe the difference that the dual belt kit makes? O

Paul7

Reply #4   Feb 4, 2016 12:57 pm
Certainly. With the original factory set up (one belt) my blower would throw fluffy snow just fine. But when the snow was really wet and heavy the single belt would slip just enough that the snow in the chute would turn into slush and come out of the chute like toothpaste. With the dual belt kit it doesn't matter if the snow is heavy, wet or slushy...the impeller doesn't slow down..no belt slippage. I think Ariens made the dual impeller belts standard on the model year after my blower was made. Not an expensive upgrade but it was a pain removing the pulleys. The one on my motor shaft was rusted on so it took a day of PB Blaster to loosen up. Here's a YouTube video of someone making the upgrade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-PQISVTk_I
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42