Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HS621 - Chute Pics

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mobiledynamics

HS621 - Chute Pics
Original Message   Oct 2, 2015 8:46 am
Anyone happen to have a pic you can post on the chute Doing a Restore... Not sure how the OEM setup is with the washer/wave washer.....and the parts lookup suggest even a small washer between the inner chute and outer.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mobiledynamics

Re: HS621 - Chute Pics
Reply #1   Oct 4, 2015 1:43 pm
Well, I think this is the correct OE config Bare nut on inside of the chute Between the inner/outer chute Large Washer (small ID) Wave Washer Small metal ~disc~ (not sure what roles this plays Put the *curved ends* that would scratch facing inside the chute against the larger washer Bolt through all of this Then the smaller fender washer and then the nut.
aa335

Re: HS621 - Chute Pics
Reply #2   Nov 10, 2015 2:46 pm
The wavy washer acts essentially like spring that provides constant clamping force on the chute and prevent unintended movement, but enough clamping friction to prevent it from rotating.  You can control the preload of this spring by how tight the nut is. 
I no longer have the wavy washer.  Instead, I use large nylon washers back up by metal fender washer.  The nylon washer allows the chute to pivot, but the does not scratch the metal chute.  Every once in a while, I have to adjust the nut tension as the nylon material wears away.  Its not an OEM setup, and requires periodic adjustment, but I prefer how this works. 
This message was modified Nov 10, 2015 by aa335
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42