Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > craftsman walk behind string weed trimmer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vera

craftsman walk behind string weed trimmer
Original Message   May 2, 2015 9:51 am
I am new to this so please forgive any error. With that said my issue is this..... My craftsman push weed eater was the best thing I ever bought when I first got it. Would cut down just about anything without fail. Well I will admit I was rather hard on it, I have five acres with a pretty good ditch out front and without sharing too much unnecessary, and probably unwanted info. I will try to explain my problem. The two brackets that hold the string in place broke off, I thought rather too easily. I rigged up something that holds the string in place pretty well, and it seems to engage correctly it seems to me that it should work just fine, but since then the machine starts up just fine, runs just fine, but when going through anything thick, (even thick grass) the string rpm's doesn't seem to be able to handle it, even though they are spinning what I thought to be the appropriate amount of speed to handle the job? The spinning bogs down and I have to back out of the grass or whatever I am trying to cut down, and let the spinning restart and work its way back up fast enough to cut through the grass or brush or whatever it is struggling with cutting, where as when it was new, before the brackets broke it went through anything without fail. Is there a precision balance that the string when put in under the brackets the way it was meant to would obtain that if done like I have could have thrown off the balance and caused this inefficient problem that I can't seem to figure out now? Has anyone experienced anything like this or know what I should do to fix this problem? Any input would be extremely appreciated. Thanks, my name is Vera Nis2spkwu2@aol.com
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: craftsman walk behind string weed trimmer
Reply #1   May 3, 2015 2:18 am
Vera wrote:
I am new to this so please forgive any error. With that said my issue is this..... My craftsman push weed eater was the best thing I ever bought when I first got it. Would cut down just about anything without fail. Well I will admit I was rather hard on it, I have five acres with a pretty good ditch out front and without sharing too much unnecessary, and probably unwanted info. I will try to explain my problem. The two brackets that hold the string in place broke off, I thought rather too easily. I rigged up something that holds the string in place pretty well, and it seems to engage correctly it seems to me that it should work just fine, but since then the machine starts up just fine, runs just fine, but when going through anything thick, (even thick grass) the string rpm's doesn't seem to be able to handle it, even though they are spinning what I thought to be the appropriate amount of speed to handle the job? The spinning bogs down and I have to back out of the grass or whatever I am trying to cut down, and let the spinning restart and work its way back up fast enough to cut through the grass or brush or whatever it is struggling with cutting, where as when it was new, before the brackets broke it went through anything without fail. Is there a precision balance that the string when put in under the brackets the way it was meant to would obtain that if done like I have could have thrown off the balance and caused this inefficient problem that I can't seem to figure out now? Has anyone experienced anything like this or know what I should do to fix this problem? Any input would be extremely appreciated. Thanks, my name is Vera Nis2spkwu2@aol.com

Vera, Nice story there but the main info on what you have was left out. If you want advice we will need the model and serial #'s from the equipment giving you the problems.

RIT333

Reply #2   May 3, 2015 7:46 am
When you replaced the trimmer line, did you replace it with line that was the same diameter that the manufacturer recommends ?  Too large a line can cause it to operate incorrectly.  Next, why did you not bring it someplace, such as where you bought it - assuming it was still under warranty when it broke, and let them deal with fixing the problem.
niper99

Reply #3   May 3, 2015 12:10 pm
machine could be running at little lean and could need a simple carb adjustment.. also as said above make sure your not running to thick of trimmer line...
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42