Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Lawn mower and trimmer/edger suggestions

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Partsman41953

Lawn mower and trimmer/edger suggestions
Original Message   Apr 7, 2015 8:25 am
Hello, I have 2 questions which I need help with. Last year in 2014 my wife and I put down a Zoysia front lawn. The yard looks real nice but being on around a 15 degree slope makes it really difficult to mow. I have a 2 year old Toro personal pace, model #20332, mower that just sinks into the lawn and the rear wheel drive is basically useless. I am looking for any suggestions on how to mow this yard easier either with this mower or with a different one. My second question is I am looking for suggestions on a new trimmer with edger attachment. I have a Black and Decker trimmer now where the battery is not replaceable and the battery will not last trimming my yard of 3/4 of an acre including the back yard. I also have a Worx trimmer that trims good but the edger is not good at all. Please let me know which trimmer with edger attachment you would suggest. Since the Worx trimmer and Toro mower are only 1 year old I may be interested in swapping them out if there is other equipment out there that would make my work easier. Thanks
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
RIT333

Re: Lawn mower and trimmer/edger suggestions
Reply #1   Apr 7, 2015 7:20 pm
I have a pretty thick Zoysia lawn in Schenectady NY, and my front lawn has a slope to it - maybe not 15 degrees, but I have a RWD Toro Super Recycler 4, and I love it for the Zoysia.  I tend to mulch the lawn - except when I am collecting leaves in the Fall and then I bag it, and it works great.,  Maybe you are taking too much off on each cutting ?  I tend to cut my Zoysia about every 7 to 10 days.  I also have a similar Toro SR4 with the Chinese Engine, and wife and I tend to cut at the same time, and hers also works great.
This message was modified Apr 8, 2015 by RIT333
Paul7

Re: Lawn mower and trimmer/edger suggestions
Reply #2   Apr 9, 2015 3:38 pm
I had a Zoysia yard when I lived in W. PA. I know what you mean about the spongy feel that you can get with Zoysia. Consider the RWD self-propelled "Classic Series" Ariens mowers. They are pricy new but used ones are around. The main advantage is that model uses 10 inch rear wheels...which helps with traction.
This message was modified Apr 9, 2015 by Paul7
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42