Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 932104 have reverse but no forward - replaced belts and friction wheel

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Circa1834

Ariens 932104 have reverse but no forward - replaced belts and friction wheel
Original Message   Feb 9, 2015 7:08 pm
I was having issues with no forward drive so I replaced the belts and friction wheel. Upon completion of the replacements I have the same situation - reverse but not forward. I did notice some play in the pull and friction plate which are on the same spindle-axle. I'm hoping that is not the issue but looking for anyone who may have some insight into why I'd have reverse but no forward. Hoping it is an easy adjustment and oversight on my part. Thank you in advance
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
RedOctobyr

Re: Ariens 932104 have reverse but no forward - replaced belts and friction wheel
Reply #1   Feb 9, 2015 9:29 pm
If you tip it up on the bucket, and remove the bottom plate, what do you see when you move the shift lever between forward and reverse?

The rubber friction disk should go past the center of the spinning metal disk, to the left side of the metal disk, and the right side, as you move the shift lever to the extremes.

Is the shift linkage connected properly? Is the transmission adjusted properly? Your Service Manual should explain how to adjust the transmission. The Owner's Manual may as well. On mine, I didn't even have to remove the bottom cover to adjust the transmission. If it's easy to adjust on yours, you could even try that first to see if it helps.

You can download manuals here:
http://apache.ariens.com/cgibin/ctrg0005?SESSIONID=0.2145817532233396&Site=ARIENSS

This message was modified Feb 9, 2015 by RedOctobyr
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42