Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh H70 Carb kit For very old Ariens

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TheKneebiter

Tecumseh H70 Carb kit For very old Ariens
Original Message   Feb 10, 2005 7:23 pm
Picked up an old old old old Ariens model 10m7d 002902. 724 snowblower today. It was given to me by a 90 yr old man who is friends with a coworker. I picked it up an brought it home and the first thing i noticed was the stink of old old old old old gas. I poured i touch of gas into the cylinder replaced the plug and it fired up for 3 seconds. I need to get a carb rebuild kit for the engine mod H70-130005 SER 7320 06697. Anyone know where i can download the tecumseh parts manual for my motor ? Also any idea on the age of this machine ? Thanks
This message was modified Feb 10, 2005 by TheKneebiter

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Goldrush

The liberty of expressions sometimes are ridiculed!

Re: Tecumseh H70 Carb kit For very old Ariens
Reply #1   Feb 10, 2005 7:31 pm
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/carb_t.cfm

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #2   Feb 10, 2005 7:34 pm
i would say its a1967 going from your numbers.

the h70s were the old ones they use a walbro carb most of the time and i think its actually better that the tecumseh built carb.

.when they used the tecumseh built carb they were usually called an hmsk.

the h on your engine means horizontal crankshaft.

the hmsk on the newer ones means horizontal  crankshaft  medium construction (aluminum as opposed to hh for iron )snow king.  

the year comes from the last number in the serial number and that only tells us its a 7 so we must use the model number to get the decade which should be the sixties which would be 1967.

engine should be an off white color with a metal gas tank.

if i am right and it does indeed have a walbro carb then be prepared to spend some bucks on the carb .the kits are about 3 times as much as the tecumseh ones.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
jubol

Reply #3   Feb 11, 2005 7:23 am
 Knee,

Sent you a PM !!

Fred           

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #4   Feb 11, 2005 11:37 am
Snowshoveler told me that 631639 is probably the kit you need for your carb...but upon further investigation he found that it was 31840.  It must have a Tecumseh carb.

Like I needed him to tell me.

Sherri

This message was modified Feb 11, 2005 by MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
TheKneebiter

Reply #5   Feb 11, 2005 5:51 pm
Thank's for all the help. I removed the bowl this morning and it was spotless. I ran a wire through the jet holes in the main jet and put it back together. It fired right up . I tried it out on the big mounds that the plows left from the last storm. It went like a monster. My neighbor came out and asked about it so i sold it to him. Another one come and another one gone

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42