Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Operation of the foot pedal on Honda HS928

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nfboy

Operation of the foot pedal on Honda HS928
Original Message   Jan 9, 2015 11:12 am
I inherited the above machine but can't seem to get the foot pedal to work the way the manula suggests. The machine is I think a 1997. I had a Honda dealer go through it and repair/replace everything that needed to be. I specifically had them install a new foot pedal mechanism because i found I could not get the original one to work properly and figred it was in need of replacement.

I can get it to lock into the lowest position by pushing the foot pedal all the way down and simultaneously pulling up on the handles. But of course that really scrpes the ground so i would prefer to use the meiddle or "normal" position. Problem is I can not lock into that position. If I press the foot pedal donw and lower the machine to where I think the position should be, the minute I start forward motion the machne pops back into the highest position.

I sometimes have trouble too getting the machine unlocked from the lowest and into the highest position. It takes some fiddling with the pedal.

The manual is not veruy descriptive on operation of the foot pedal so I am thinking it must just be me and how I am trying to use it since this brand new one behaves just like the one I had replaced so perhaps the original one was fine after all.

Anyway any wisdom for the Honda snowblower users on here on how to properly engage and disengage the foot pedal for the various heights would be very much appreciated.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Operation of the foot pedal on Honda HS928
Reply #1   Jan 10, 2015 2:29 pm
   Hard to imaging much in the position change mechanism would need to be replaced other than the spring.  The
parts in there are thick metal and I would think impossible to wear out even with abuse.  If you backed a car into
the machine then you'd have problems.

The mechanism is a bit clunky but works and with practice easy to use although getting into the middle position
takes a try or two.

There's the foot peddle that when pushed down pulls away the slotted section from the right and left bar or
nubs that go into the three slots.  When the peddle is down the slots pull back and the machine can be lifted
by the handlebars or pushed down to make the nubs go up and down.  Going up or down they travel where the
slots would be if the peddle was down. 

If the peddle is not down far enough the nubs hit the end of the slots, bump, catch or rid on the tips between the
slots.  If between when you finish your move up or down the nub will eventually fall into one or the other close by
slots.

So the process, peddle down to get the slots back out of the way.  Pull the machine up or down by the handlebars
to position the nubs for high, medium or low bucket position. 

If you're are not looking directly at the slots and nubs then you have to guess their position.  If you put the sun
at your back and to the side so it lights up the area of the slots and nubs then you can see exactly what is going on
down there. 

Get a flashlight or the sun at your back and look in while you step on and off the peddle.  Look at the nubs and
the slots.  With a little practice you'll get it every time.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42