Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ARIENS SNOWBLOWER MODEL 924116-1028 (GEAR CASE ALUMINUM)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RARITAN1

ARIENS SNOWBLOWER MODEL 924116-1028 (GEAR CASE ALUMINUM)
Original Message   Nov 22, 2014 2:56 am
I HAVE A MODEL 924116-1028 WHICH I HAVE JUST DESTROYED THE ALUMINUM GEAR CASE(PART # 52423100) CAN THIS GEAR CASE (ALUMINUM ONE BE REPLACED WITH THE CAST IRON GEAR CASE.) IF SO WHAT IS THE PART NUMBER FOR THE REPLACEMENT ASSEMBLY. ANY GOOD SUPPLY SOURCE FOR IT THANK YOU JOE
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: ARIENS SNOWBLOWER MODEL 924116-1028 (GEAR CASE ALUMINUM)
Reply #1   Nov 22, 2014 5:49 pm
    If you google the part number you listed for the aluminum case you'll get hits for the cast iron replacement which is around $200. 
Ariens does not source the aluminum case anymore only the cast iron.

The 1028 is one of my favorite machines in being an excellent match of motor and machine that cleared very well and great toss distance. 

There are guys who sell use replacements on Craigslist (less expensive) and EBay (more expensive).  Don't know your location but if your
around Boston email me and I'll send you the address of a source that I use (trouts2 at gmail).  He does ship.
   If the gears and worm are ok you can rebuild from another broken assembly which has the case intact. That way you avoid dealing with
taking off the impeller which is usually trouble. 
   If you go with the cast iron replacement you'll have to remove the impeller which if frozen on will require heat, a press or both.

The aluminum case should be strong enough to last forever unless the machine is used too agressively or you were unlucky to crunch a
newspaper, stone or limb.  There are two pins and two keys that could shear before things break but sometimes the jamb nukes the case. 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42