Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Bought a new toy. A Toro "Snow Commander"

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Bought a new toy. A Toro "Snow Commander"
Original Message   Oct 5, 2012 9:53 pm
Found this at an auction, bought it for $70.00.  Don't really need another blower but couldn't resist the 7hp 24" cut.  It's a 2008 model and a rare bird in design.  The ad said it didn't run but had good compression.  Looked in good shape.  Turns out it was low on fuel.  After the ride home (fuel sloshing around in the tank) and a shot of starter fluid it fired right up.  Smoked like crazy, so either it had the wrong mix in it.  Or the fuel had evaporated and left a high concentration of oil in the remaining fuel.  Will post some pics tomorrow.    I'm ready for snow already.  Hope this year turns out better than last year.
For those wanting to know.  It has a BRIGGS AND STRATTON, 084333-0199-E1 engine.
This message was modified Oct 5, 2012 by jrtrebor
Replies: 30 - 32 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
beekermartin

Re: Bought a new toy. A Toro "Snow Commander"
Reply #30   Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm
Thanks for the response! From what I've read @4000 rpms is ideal for the snow commander. The motor can handle more but the machine can get difficult to control if you go much higher. I guess I will engage the rotors but not put a load on them and set the rpm there.
ivysaur01

Freedom lies in being bold.
-Robert Frost

Reply #31   Dec 28, 2014 7:08 pm
Anyone have pics of this model? I'm wondering what it looks like exactly i think i saw one online but not sure.

Freedom lies in being bold. -Robert Frost
aa335

Reply #32   Jan 3, 2015 12:04 am
ivysaur01 wrote:
Anyone have pics of this model? I'm wondering what it looks like exactly i think i saw one online but not sure.

Check out this thread.    Lots of pics.

Link
Replies: 30 - 32 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42