Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2010 Ariens Platinum 24" - higher impeller speed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

2010 Ariens Platinum 24" - higher impeller speed
Original Message   Oct 5, 2011 5:02 pm
I have a 2010 Platinum 24.  I only seem to use it for EOD duty and the occasional heavy storm.  I use my singe-stage for everything else.  Could I optimize my Ariens by removing the stock 250cc Polar Force engine and bolting on a bigger engine...let's say a 342cc or something similar?  Is there a bigger Briggs (Polar force, Intek, etc.) that would mount on that frame and accomplish my objective without too much modification?  The stock engine is ok, but if my goal is to cut down the EOD pile and be able to throw it across the street would the big motor/24" bucket combo get me there?  I don't care about the warranty.  Can anyone recommend a specific engine for this project and the associated parts (pulleys, belts,etc.) that might be required?  And of course some extra shear pins! 
This message was modified Sep 23, 2014 by slinger
Replies: 36 - 36 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
slinger

Re: 2010 Ariens Platinum 24" - is a smaller impeller pulley available? Picture attached
Reply #36   Sep 21, 2014 10:11 am
A few years after I had this idea for modding my platinum (see previous posts above), Ariens went and did it by introducing the Platinum SHO models! More hp combined with higher impeller speed = greater throw for those of us who might benefit from it.
Now I just have to wait until the parts lists and diagrams show up on Ariens Parts Radar to see if they came out with a larger diameter dual-belt drive pulley that will work for my application.
Replies: 36 - 36 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42