Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Thoughts on Lawn mower quality...??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
srgallan

Thoughts on Lawn mower quality...??
Original Message   May 28, 2014 7:43 pm
Hi,

Just looking to replace an underpowered craftsman self propelled mower.  Looking at the Cub Cadet, Toro, Lawnboy, Husq self propelled mowers, in particular I noticed a cub cadet rwd with honda motor on for $379 ($100 off) at the local orange store.  Any thoughts of any of those brands in terms of quality?  I realize they all have higher tier editions as well, I am trying to stay under $500.....I have between 1/3 - 1/4 acre lot with some trees (Canada).
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Thoughts on Lawn mower quality...??
Reply #3   Sep 15, 2014 11:26 pm
slinger wrote:
Some good closeout deals on Toro Super Recyclers now if you are still looking (around $500). That would last you for many years and do almost everything extremely well.

I mostly agree since I own a Super Recycler for 5 years up to now.  If I cut the grass often and not let it get too tall, it mulches well and leaves a nice cut.  Let the grass grow a bit high and it struggles to completely mulch.  It does need more power when mulching slightly tall grass.  The blade tip speed will bog down and leave a windrow of cut grass on top.  I often have to slow down to a crawl speed and take only 2/3 path width.  The bagging ability is marginal (ok, piss poor)  even though I use the higher lift blade.  The bag will come off the holders too easily if the mower is tipped back when trying to turn.
colinwesley

Reply #4   Sep 26, 2014 2:17 am
 Whenever you have your first spring with a yard, it could be really overwhelming. Not only do you have to determine the best way to take care of the backyard, but additionally you have to purchase all the things to do it. It can get really expensive and cost a cash advance for those who have to buy things like lawn mowers.
This message was modified Sep 26, 2014 by colinwesley
HaydenAgnew

Reply #5   Nov 21, 2014 4:03 am
Good thoughts. I would still purchase a good quality of lawn mower. The one that is easy to use and with quality and price of course. You can see these The Good Gears, the best guide of selection.
This message was modified Mar 19, 2017 by HaydenAgnew
RIT333

Reply #6   Nov 21, 2014 2:31 pm
I have found the Toro Super Recyclers to be excellent products.  I have never had a problem with the 2 that I have owned.  They cut very well, and leave the grass looking perfect - IMHO.
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42