Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Yazoo with stuck carb bowl gasket

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Underdog

Yazoo with stuck carb bowl gasket
Original Message   Jul 20, 2014 10:51 am
I need to clean the bowl on a 7 hp Briggs updraft engine (80's vintage), however the gasket around the top of the bowl is not letting me remove it. I did already take out the long brass jet tube. Any idea what's holding this together? Model 170402 Type 2155 Date 84062812 I purchased the Carburetor overhaul kit (394693) however I the old paper gasket just does no want to come free. If I whack it any harder I fear that I may break something. Is there a secret to getting these apart? This engine runs a 24" Yazoo made for Troy-Bilt called a "Pro." The Yazoo and this engine have not been run in 8 years. The carb jets were pretty gummed up and the paper gaskets are very dry.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42