Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Reliable lawn sweeper

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
DivisionBell

Reliable lawn sweeper
Original Message   Feb 27, 2014 2:52 pm
Okay, I've had this lawn sweeper for a year now, and it turned out to be ... a total waste of cash. It's some Chinese thing and every action with it ended up in grass clippings jamming the sweeper and me trying to un-jam it for an hour after it was used! Now, I have quite a large lawn and it's quite ridiculous to try raking it, so again, I have to find a decent lawn sweeper that will actually do what I ask of it :D This time I have researched the matter more thoroughly than the first time, and I concluded that there are two names that are mentioned as reliable manufacturers: Agri-Fab and Brinly. At least according to this site and hundreds of forums I've read so far. Do you have any experiences with these two? Do you have any suggestions?
This message was modified Feb 27, 2014 by DivisionBell
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
longboat

Re: Reliable lawn sweeper
Reply #1   Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am
I have a Sears unit, which I believe is made by AgriFab, got it in 2006 and been using it a dozen times a year since then.  I haven't had any problems with it.  I did adjust it once a couple years ago, as I think they wear a little over time and you need to adjust them periodically to keep them picking up the clippings.  I also use mine to pick up pine cones and needles, although it will sometimes clog if you get into too many needles.  It also tends to skid some when it is empty, but works better once it gets some clippings in it.  I've heard the Brinleys are good units, too.

You might try adjusting yours to see if that helps any.

MowersGalore

Reply #2   May 25, 2014 3:16 am
We sell the Agrifab unit but under the Husqvarna heading They look weird as but work really really well most of the the time its convincing the client to give it a go is most of the work
johnlake

Reply #3   Oct 3, 2017 4:45 am
I vote for AgriFab.
This message was modified Oct 3, 2017 by a moderator
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42