Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Newly aquired Bolens 824 (1987) snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
55utilitysedan

Newly aquired Bolens 824 (1987) snowblower
Original Message   Feb 26, 2014 10:42 am
I was gifted this snowblower by a customer who decided to buy something new. I had maintained this unit the last twelve years for him. A good solid machine @ 275 lbs., it just needed follow up care. I replaced the skid shoes, auger belt, auger housing flange bearing, chute hold down clips and shims, now I want to replace the axle shaft assembly flange bearings. These flange bearings is why I am here. After disassembly to pull the axle shaft with its welded on chain sprocket I had to stop. I cannot remove this shaft as the sprocket won't allow the lateral movement as it hits the drive disc and friction disc assembly brackets. I was wondering if I may be missing something here or if I have to remove all the innard crap to access shaft removal for bearing upgrade? Is there a trick to it, am I missing something? I'm in a fog right now, I just thought maybe a helpfull prodding or suggestion would get me motivated again to go back to the cold garage during this new "Polar Vortex" in Ct.        thanks for listening......Peter    
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42