Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snapper snowblower chute rotation motor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
btw574

Snapper snowblower chute rotation motor
Original Message   Jan 26, 2014 5:16 pm
Well went to use the snowblower today and the chute would not rotate. Check power and the switch was working fine. I figured the motor died seeing it does not seem well protected by the plastic cover over it., I took it apart expecting to find a lot of corrosion inside.but was surprised how clean it was. When I took the motor apart I found the carbon brushes were stuck from a little build up of crud inside the motor.keeping them from making contact with the commutator. I took some contact cleaner and a small brush and cleaned everything up good, put it back on and it worked just like new. So if anyone has any problems take the motor apart and check to see if the brushes are stuck, it just may save you some time and money
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42