Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What causes my snowblower to not track straight?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jake14mw

What causes my snowblower to not track straight?
Original Message   Feb 9, 2005 11:57 am
I have a new Toro 1028lxe that I love.  I have used it for about 5 storms so far.  I have one question though.  Occasionally, I am going along and it starts to want to pull to one side or another (I think it's usually to the right). I find myself trying to fight to keep it straight.  If I look back after a long row that I've done, it looks like I was drunk.  Anyone have an idea of what causes this?
Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: What causes my snowblower to not track straight?
Reply #9   Feb 9, 2005 7:04 pm
driveway level...

thats an urban myth ,nobody has actually seen one let alone owns one.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Feb 9, 2005 7:13 pm
jake14mw wrote:
I saw nothing in the manual about the maximum number of gin and tonics able to be consumed by the operator before erratic steering takes place!
Well.........then By God that ain't it........consume away! 
navihawk

Reply #11   Feb 9, 2005 8:23 pm
Hi jake.Move your scraper bar up out of the way Make sure you are on a flat surface.If you have a shed woth a plywood floor make sure it is level.Put  your skids at the same height on each side.Get  a couple of paint sticks and lower your scraper bar down to the sticks.Go a bit higher,maybe 1/4 inch on the scraper bar if you have a rough pavement.

Steve 

Goldrush

The liberty of expressions sometimes are ridiculed!

Reply #12   Feb 10, 2005 1:10 pm
IT's the quantity of snow in front of the machine or maybe unnevely drive way thats it....

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #13   Feb 10, 2005 1:14 pm
This message was modified Feb 10, 2005 by Richie

Richie
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #14   Feb 10, 2005 7:12 pm
My surgeon friend at work bought a Craftsman snowblower this winter, she has not idea what model # only that it is a big one, they went out and bought it one day.  It will not track right either, her husband is a engineer, very bright, he has checked and replaced and adjusted everything and he cannot get the darn thing to track straight no matter what he does.  I have met him, nice guy, he is no dummy, I wish I had time to go and check out and try out the machine.  She insists it is not dragging on anything.....

If I only had the time....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
snowshoveler

Reply #15   Feb 10, 2005 7:48 pm
i posted on this earlier but forgot the hardest one to repair.

sometimes the auger bucket is actually twisted and it wont line up quite right.and no amount of fiddling will fix it.

you have to set it on a very flat surface and do some carefull measuring everywher there is a bolt hole the same from side to side.i use the holes for the driftcutters.

only saw one that was built out of line and it was welded wrong

came from sears.dont remember if it was mtd ayp or murry built.

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
18Degrees

Reply #16   Feb 10, 2005 9:52 pm
I also remembered this-make sure both shear pins are in.  My Dad's old Sears Trackdrive would not track striaght = it was a broken shear pin.                                 18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #17   Feb 11, 2005 12:46 am
Snowshovler, my Ariens 1128 LE had a bent auger housing.   It was about 3/8" of an inch off.  Have you seen any other Ariens blowers have this problem?

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

snowshoveler

Reply #18   Feb 11, 2005 8:00 pm
never saw an ariens with a bent anything...

what did you do to that drop it off a truck  ha ha .

seriously though  ive seen some strange stuff done to ariens but the bucket has alwaya been true.

later chris 

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42