Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Removing Auger Cable from Handlebar Lever on Honda HS928WAS

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Glosta

Removing Auger Cable from Handlebar Lever on Honda HS928WAS
Original Message   Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm
My Honda 928WAS is 4 years old and don't ask me why, but I never noticed that the Honda Power Equipment Dealer routed the auger cables on the wrong side of the vertical steel upright leading  to the right side handlebar.  Instead of routing the cables on the inside edge of the right vertical upright, the dealer installer the cables on the outside edge of the right vertical upright.  What's happening is that everytime I rotate the chute crank, it's rubbing and spinning on the auger cable.   Does anyone know how to disassemble the right side auger engagement lever so I can release the end of the auger cables and re-reoute them on inside left edge of the vertical upright so they don't make contact with the chute crank?  How difficult is it to release the cable from the engagement lever?  Thank You.  Rich  
This message was modified Dec 17, 2013 by Glosta
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Glosta

Re: Removing Auger Cable from Handlebar Lever on Honda HS928WAS
Reply #1   Dec 17, 2013 10:31 pm
All Set.  Just had to remove a cover plate, cotter pin, washer, and cam lock boss for which gave me direct access to the auger clutch cable  and drive clutch cable.  Repositioned the cables to their proper position and no more contact with the chute crank.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42