Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > just got done repairing an old yard machine for my neighbor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Santaclause

just got done repairing an old yard machine for my neighbor
Original Message   Dec 14, 2013 5:00 pm
Neighbors yard machine about at least 12 yrs old died on his wife the belts broke and busted the belt cover So I told him I would fix it he was surprised and happy as a clam that I saved him some clams by fixing it for him.The yard machines are a simple machine and it works good 8hp 24 cut .How many of you guys do that for neighbors?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Re: just got done repairing an old yard machine for my neighbor
Reply #1   Dec 15, 2013 8:09 am
Merry Xmas & good on ya Santa. I'll bet he was even happier this morning when he saw all the snow we got overnight (depending how far north you are). By the way, is his wife good looking (just kidding)?

Cheers
Paul

https://t.me/pump_upp
carlb

Reply #2   Dec 15, 2013 8:34 am
My neighbor called my yesterday morning, said he was putting gas in his 11/28 John Deere for the first time this year and it was leaking out under the carb shroud.  I took a walk over to take a look and when i looked under the shroud I could see fuel coming out of the mouth of the carb and leaking around the bowl gasket.  I told him to wheel it over to my garage so i cold take a look at it out of the cold since my garage is heated. 

Pulled the shroud off and attempted to remove the bowl from the carb but this 11hp tech does not use a maifold and the carb bolts directly to the head and there is not enough room under the bowl to drop it without taking the carb off the engine. 

Removed the carb and put it on the bench.  When i took the carb apart i found a little dirt that was holding the needle valve open but the rest of the carb was in good shape and very clean.  The bowl gasket was cracked and dried out, so, i removed the float cleaned the needle and carefully blew out the seat area replaced the dried up gasket and replaced the dried and cracked fuel line. 

Put it back together no leaks started on the first pull, neighbor very happy.  This time of year if he had to put it in the shop they would not even pickup it up for probably a week and then have it another two to three weeks.
Santaclause

Reply #3   Dec 15, 2013 7:32 pm
Oh yeah for shure! Yes we got a tad over a foot of good old lake effect and he texted me and told me she held together and worked better than it had in years especially after I adjusted the drive cable she got rite into the bank and chewed!!!!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42