Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Are Simplicity "pro" models really old Murray designs?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Tubby

Are Simplicity "pro" models really old Murray designs?
Original Message   Dec 12, 2013 8:08 pm
Just curious, because a part that I just got for my simplicity for the chute function is a Murray part number. I know Brigs bought Murray a while ago, are they running their (Murray) as Simplicity's now?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
sscotsman

Re: Are Simplicity "pro" models really old Murray designs?
Reply #1   Dec 13, 2013 9:14 am
No, Simplicity Pro models are old Simplicity designs.

Briggs and Stratton absorbed several snowblower "names" in 2005.
John Deere
Simplicity
Snapper
Murray
and they created a new one "Brute"

It is believed (and the machines themselves support this) that Briggs,
since 2005, has been using two main "patterns" for their snowblowers,
the old Murray designs, for all the "consumer level" machines,
and the old Simplicity patterns, for the "Pro" level machines..
And since 2005, all the Simplicity, Snapper, John Deere, Murray and Brute machines
have been the same models, just with different paint. (The Deere snowblower line was dropped in 2011)

New Simplicity "Pro" models are clearly made using the ancestral Simplicity patterns:

The main body of the machine itself is clearly Simplicity, although it's not surprising that some Murray parts would work their way in.
and the Briggs snowblower "consumer" line (including Simplicity "consumer" models) is now all "Murray"..

So there are current Simplicity snowblowers that are now "Murrays" (the consumer line)
this one is a Murray:

but the Pro-level machines remain "true" Simplicitys..mostly.
Scot
This message was modified Dec 13, 2013 by sscotsman
Tubby

Re: Are Simplicity "pro" models really old Murray designs?
Reply #2   Dec 13, 2013 4:31 pm
Thanks for that detailed answer.
The part that is sold that I replaced on my simplicity pro model is the electric shoot rotation motor. I looked at what google images have, and did not see any Murray blowers with electric chute controls. Did I miss that, or is this just organic to their parts system?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42