This project was kind of tricky. Mainly because I had nothing to start with.
No chute crank, no cheap exchangeable parts from another Honda blower.
And unlike a lot of other SS blowers. The entire chute ring assembly sits above the cover.
So no way to mount and hide things underneath.
The only good thing about that was that it made it easier to work on because the whole
assembly can be removed as one unit.
Anyway after a little thought and a few measurements. I find out that if I cut the chute ring
off of an Ariens chute and increased the ID of the ring a little. It would fit around the plastic
chute ring on the Honda.
One problem solved.
Had to make new chute hold downs. The new ring OD didn't leave room to use the stock ones.
Next was coming up with a small compact drive system that would fit on the blower .
In a location that would allow it to be securely fastened.
Next I had to make a bracket to attach the drive drive components to.
And mount it on the blower so it would correctly engage the drive ring.
That turned out to be a little tricky. After I mounted the drive unit.
I found that the steel ring wasn't perfectly centered
on the plastic chute ring. Which was causing the drive gear and ring to disengage when the
chute was turned full right. And bind up when turned full left.
A little more grinding to increase the ring ID and three tries to get
it located exactly centered. Problem solved.
A little paint, mission accomplished.
Made a battery container and mounted it on the rear step, (I guess that's what it is)
The chain holds it in place, but makes it easy to remove.
Made a wiring harness and ran it up to the toggle switch mounted in the center on the handle.
A challenging but fun project.