Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cub Cadet 3 stage snowblowers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Paul7

Cub Cadet 3 stage snowblowers?
Original Message   Oct 28, 2013 10:40 am
Not sure if it makes a difference but still it's an interesting design.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
aa335

Re: Cub Cadet 3 stage snowblowers?
Reply #1   Oct 28, 2013 12:22 pm
Saw that yellow thing at Home Depot and my first reaction was WTH??? Is it going to perform better? Will be jnferested in how it does on EOD pile. Apparently, one can buy it with a monstrous 420cc engine.
Paul7

Reply #2   Oct 28, 2013 11:28 pm
The EOD performance was exactly what I thought about. That center propeller could make a difference.
aa335

Reply #3   Oct 29, 2013 12:19 am
Paul7 wrote:
Not sure if it makes a difference but still it's an interesting design.

The real question is, "Do you have space for another snowblower?"
Santaclause

Reply #4   Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
I have noticed them myself I don't know the added stress on the aluminum gearbox and stuff? I have a cub it is an 09 the last year they used the briggs it isnt a bad blower a smidge underpowered it could stand a tad more umph but it gets the job done.Time will tell how they do maybe it will be the greatest thing but simple heavy duty design seems to be what works in the snow !!
Santaclause

Reply #5   Nov 25, 2013 8:29 pm
I have noticed them myself I don't know the added stress on the aluminum gearbox and stuff? I have a cub it is an 09 the last year they used the briggs it isnt a bad blower a smidge underpowered it could stand a tad more umph but it gets the job done.Time will tell how they do maybe it will be the greatest thing but simple heavy duty design seems to be what works in the snow !!
sscotsman

Reply #6   Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm
Its not really a "3 stage"..
Its still a 2-stage:  augers + impeller = 2 stages.
It just has a different auger design.

(yes I know MTD themselves call it "three stage"..but thats just marketing hype IMO..
just because you say something, doesnt make it so! ;)

Scot
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #7   Nov 27, 2013 9:06 am
I tend to agree with you sscotsman, pure marketing obfuscation. Ask for a goat & they'd sell you a sheep & charge you more for the winter insulation option.

https://t.me/pump_upp
JimmyM

Reply #8   Dec 16, 2013 8:52 am
I saw one of these the other day at home depot (IIRC). I came here to get the straight poop on the new "feature". I've got one of their 930 machine from a couple of years ago. I notice that their big machine now only have the 12" impeller versus the 16" in the 930/933/945SWE machines. Time will tell if the "3rd stage" is a real improvement. Of course that 420cc motor would be an improvement in itself.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42