Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > CRAFTSMAN 6.5 hp wont start ???Tried everything!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
narcissus34

CRAFTSMAN 6.5 hp wont start ???Tried everything!!
Original Message   Apr 1, 2013 5:27 pm
I have a craftsman 6.5 walk behind lawnmower...type Eager -1, and have tried everything to get it going.  Was told it should work like new but obviously was had! Anyways, dont know the year of it, changed fuel and the bowl below, filter, oil, spark plug, blades sharpened everything i can think of.

When I try priming it, the bulb doesn't stick in like my other lawn mowers do though. Theres no leaks in the bulb, dont see any cracks, once pushed it comes right out, feels like theres no suction.  When trying to start it will turn once with starting fluid...putt putt die, without starter fluid or a few drops of gas directly

to the carberator it wont work....any ideas???  Changing the primer will do but why isn't it getting gas all the lines, tubings have been checked everything cleaned, all to the carberator

Any easy ideas????

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
bus708

Re: CRAFTSMAN 6.5 hp wont start ???Tried everything!!
Reply #1   Apr 1, 2013 6:47 pm
I have a eager 1 too. I too checked my fuel in the boll for dirt. Make sure the jets in the fuel boll nut are clean. I stuck mine with a needle. Then start it with fresh fuel. Mine will run for a minuite or so then die. I found my priming bulb cracked. Sears direct has them for $3.00 and change. To make sure it is your priming bulb. Put some RTV all over it. If that bulb is sucking air your engine will never run right if at all. It will act like it is running out of gas
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42