Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Automatic Traction Control

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
GreatCanadian

Ariens Automatic Traction Control
Original Message   Mar 25, 2013 8:21 am
ATC Traction Control Question
From my research I have learned that the Ariens Platinum and higher wheeled series use the Hilliard Auto-lok. From the Hilliard website I take the following:

The Hilliard Auto-Lok automatically switches from positive traction to an open differential and back without any levers or cables. On a side hill, the Auto-Lok transfers power to the wheel with the most traction, eliminating the need for the rider to shift their weight. The improved traction reduces tire spin, and in return, reduces turf damage...

Note what I have in bold italics. Doesn't this mean that if a wheel spins on my Platinum then the differential takes the power from that wheel and transfers it to the wheel with traction? If that's the case then that's going to turn my snowblower quickly, and I will continuously be fighting to keep it on a straight path. If I have a wheel slip I want the power to REMAIN on that wheel. I struggle to keep my blower on a straight path, and am beginning to believe this is the reason why. Any comments?

GC
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42