Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor


Location: Michigan - 3 hours north of Chicago on the lake
Joined: Feb 10, 2010
Points: 535

So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Original Message   Mar 2, 2013 9:53 pm
Starts on first or second pull, runs well.
Will throw snow 30'
(if the winds at your back blowing 50mph)

Well it's all back to stock and going on Craigslist tonight or tomorrow.
Think I'll ask $300 but will take $275 for it.
For someone who's needs are different than mine.
Regarding throwing distance.
This will be a good blower for them.
Just missed a good buy on a Toro 3650 on Craigslist today.
Guy sold it for $70.00
Ran and looked to be in good shape.
This message was modified Mar 2, 2013 by jrtrebor
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #3   Mar 3, 2013 6:44 pm
jrtrebor wrote:
Starts on first or second pull, runs well.
Will throw snow 30'
(if the winds at your back blowing 50mph)

Well it's all back to stock and going on Craigslist tonight or tomorrow.
Think I'll ask $300 but will take $275 for it.
For someone who's needs are different than mine.
Regarding throwing distance.
This will be a good blower for them.
Just missed a good buy on a Toro 3650 on Craigslist today
Guy sold it for $70.00
Ran and looked to be in good shape.

Would you take fine beer from MN for your MN made snowblower? Hopefully you like GrainBelt (a step above Pabst Blue Ribbon)?
aa335


Joined: Nov 29, 2008
Points: 2394

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #4   Mar 4, 2013 3:41 pm
FrankMA wrote:
And if you act now we'll throw in a second Toro Snow Commander absolutely free (just pay separate shipping & handling charges).

Hehehe.  Is that true jrtrebor?

Reminds me of the Top Gun movie...."son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash"  
jrtrebor


Location: Michigan - 3 hours north of Chicago on the lake
Joined: Feb 10, 2010
Points: 535

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #5   Mar 5, 2013 9:07 pm
Well the SC is gone.
Sold it a couple of hours ago for $275.00
The fellow that bought it has 3 others.

Now what to buy and play with.
borat


Joined: Nov 10, 2007
Points: 2692

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #6   Mar 5, 2013 9:15 pm
jrtrebor wrote:
Well the SC is gone.
Sold it a couple of hours ago for $275.00
The fellow that bought it has 3 others.

Now what to buy and play with.

He already has three? 

Does he have a thing for collecting "underachievers"?  

Find yourself an old Craftsman or Murray SS.   Cheap, fun and effective.
aa335


Joined: Nov 29, 2008
Points: 2394

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #7   Mar 8, 2013 2:49 pm
jrtrebor wrote:
Now what to buy and play with.

Toro Powermax 726TE / Powermax 6000
Honda HS35
Ariens Metro
Ariens 722EC
GtWtNorth


Location: Montreal area, QC, Canada
Joined: Nov 16, 2008
Points: 260

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #8   Mar 8, 2013 3:06 pm
Ariens Metro???  Well, here's one for sale in the Chicago area.

http://for-sale.yakaz.com/ariens-metro#lo=4&docid=00096dp7febnmqem
MN_Runner


Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Points: 618

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #9   Mar 8, 2013 7:54 pm
aa335 wrote:
Toro Powermax 726TE / Powermax 6000
Honda HS35
Ariens Metro
Ariens 722EC


If anyone can bring Honda HS35 to its full maximum potential, it is either borat or jrtrebor.  I had enough with HS35 (no mas).
jrtrebor


Location: Michigan - 3 hours north of Chicago on the lake
Joined: Feb 10, 2010
Points: 535

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #10   Mar 8, 2013 9:07 pm
borat wrote:
He already has three? 

Does he have a thing for collecting "underachievers"?  

Find yourself an old Craftsman or Murray SS.   Cheap, fun and effective.

Yea he had four and this one would have been # 5.
It seems that for the areas he has to clean they work great for him.
Kind of an expensive blower to collect.
jrtrebor


Location: Michigan - 3 hours north of Chicago on the lake
Joined: Feb 10, 2010
Points: 535

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #11   Mar 8, 2013 9:09 pm
I have been tempted to buy an HS35 an see what was going on with them.
aa335


Joined: Nov 29, 2008
Points: 2394

Re: So who wants to buy a nice Toro Snow Commander?
Reply #12   Mar 12, 2013 11:32 am
jrtrebor wrote:
I have been tempted to buy an HS35 an see what was going on with them.

Not sure you will find one that will not need a lot of elbow grease.  It's an old rare model, one of Honda's first SS to the US.  It's like the Honda Civic of snowblower.
This message was modified Mar 12, 2013 by aa335
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2014 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42