Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nodnosam

John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower
Original Message   Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm
I have had no problems with this blower until now.  I have a problem with the chute.  It neither rotates nor does it move up or down.  I have taken off the chute housing, loosened and then tightened up the gear box, and lubricated the gear spindle  I fear my problem is electrical.  Not only that... my headlights do not work and have not worked for a year or more.  Any ideas? 

Closest John Deere assistance is an hour away.  Not too bad - but the timing is another thing.

Go figure. Another snow storm tomorrow (third in as many weekends).  Ughhh!

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Bill_H

Re: John Deere 1330SE Snow blower/thrower
Reply #1   Feb 22, 2013 10:44 pm
Got a multimeter? You're going to need it. Sounds like everything electric is dead.

I can't locate a wiring diagram or any reference to a fuse so it's going to be a matter of tracing back the wires and seeing where you lose power - if the engine is even putting any out.
Sorry.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Moderator Denis

Reply #2   Feb 23, 2013 7:58 am
In case off here's a link for your blower schematic, you can see the electrical harness and where it could be located.

https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/51731/0/filename/995+-+1330SE_Parts_Catalog.pdf

MN_Runner

Reply #3   Feb 23, 2013 8:30 am
nodnosam wrote:
I have had no problems with this blower until now.  I have a problem with the chute.  It neither rotates nor does it move up or down.  I have taken off the chute housing, loosened and then tightened up the gear box, and lubricated the gear spindle  I fear my problem is electrical.  Not only that... my headlights do not work and have not worked for a year or more.  Any ideas? 

Closest John Deere assistance is an hour away.  Not too bad - but the timing is another thing.

Go figure. Another snow storm tomorrow (third in as many weekends).  Ughhh!

At minimum, check your wire harnessess.  Per Denis PDF link, go to page 18 and make sure 0570/0575/0576 wire harnesses on your blower are tight and not loose.  Remove each harness (one at a time), inspect for rust then clean it before plugging it back in. 
jrtrebor

Reply #4   Feb 23, 2013 1:02 pm

The fact that your headlight hasn't worked for over a year tells you something.
It could be burnt out bulbs or a problem with the wiring.
Now that your chute motors have quit working as well says that you do have an electrical problem.
As suggested it could be a problem with one or more of your connections/plugs.
Could also be a problem with a loose or broken ground wire.
I would think that there would be a circuit breaker or fuse somewhere, but maybe not.
I would look over all the wiring real closely. Then start it a use a meter or a small 12V bulb or some kind
to check to see if your getting power out of your lighting coil.  You would want to make the test on the wires
that plug into that wiring harness shown in the page 18 diagram.
If you've got power there, then the problem is with one or more connections or switches that plug into the wiring harness.
But again check for any loose or broken ground wires.  There may be quite a few, depending on how the system is wired up.
Ground wires are usually black.
tyorke1

Reply #5   Jan 31, 2015 11:56 am
i have a 1330 that is relatively new and the lights wont work, what solved the problems
allthumbsdiy

Reply #6   Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm
I know the original post was made some time ago but the electric chute on my JD 1330se suffered the same fate few weeks ago.

I would say 95% of the time, the fault lies with the control switch.  Due to it's non-sealed nature, the electrical contact pads inside the switch gets comprised (i.e. surface deposits, galling, etc.).

You can fix it by cleaning these contact pads or get a new switch (~$30 bucks or so).
This message was modified Feb 10, 2016 by allthumbsdiy
Snowblind

Reply #7   Jan 4, 2017 3:04 am
Hi My switch went bad for rotation and I went to Advanced Auto Parts and they found me a reversing DC motor switch for around 13 dollars. You will have to use washers or make a bracket for it to mount, but the harness plugs into it just fine. As far as these machines being dependable I haven't had good luck with mine at all. The motor for chute deflection quit working the second season, valve guides in motor loosened up and took the push rods out, and I lost count as to how many auger belts I have replace in the 4 years that I have owned it. This will be the last winter for it. It might make someone a good boat anchor for sure.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42