Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity 755 transmission lub question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Simplicity 755 transmission lub question
Original Message   Feb 18, 2013 7:37 am
   A Simplicity 755 factory model 1691413 has a encased drive transmission.  The user manual service section does not mention lub'ing the transmission so I assume it's an enclosed case.  Anyone familiar with this transmission and what can or should be done to lub it?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
jimbedro

Re: Simplicity 755 transmission lub question
Reply #1   Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm
I found a manual online for this machnie and it says: 

LUBRICATION

For  lubrication  points,   frequency  of  lubrication  and   type  of lubricant, see  Lubricant Chart on  page  13.

I.   Check  crankcase oil  level  before  starting engine  and  after cacll' 5 hours  of continuous usc. Add oil as required. Change crankcase oil after  first  2 hours  of operation  and  every  25 hours   of  operation  thereafter,  or  at   beginning  of  each season.  To drain  oil,  proceed  as follows:

a.   Remove  oil fillcap/ dipstick.

b.  Remove  oil drain  cap.

c.  Tip snowthrower toward oil drain  cap and drain  oil into a suitable container. Oil will drain  more freely when warm.

d.  Reinstall  oil  drain   cap  and   tighten   securely   and   fill crankcase   to    proper    level    shown   on    dipstick (approximately 1 1/4 pints).  Reinstall oil fill cap/ dipstick.

2.   The  transmission and  auger  gear  case  have  been  factory lubricated for  life. If for some  reason  lubricant should  leak out,  have  transmission or auger  gear case checked  by your dealer. To check level, remove  the check  plug (figure 2). The fluid should  be level with hole.  If not, add  Simplicity worm

2.   The  transmission and  auger  gear  case  have  been  factory lubricated for  life. If for some  reason  lubricant should  leak out,  have  transmission or auger  gear case checked  by your dealer. To check level, remove  the check  plug (figure 2). The fluid should  be level with hole.  If not, add  Simplicity worm

gear  oil (available from  your  dealer).

www.hammerwall.com/Manuals/Simplicity/Description/1691413/Simplicity%20755%20Walk%20Behind%20Snowther%20Owner%20Manual/1691413-manual-2/

This message was modified Feb 18, 2013 by jimbedro
trouts2

Re: Simplicity 755 transmission lub question
Reply #2   Feb 19, 2013 6:05 am
Jimbedro, Interesting. The manual I have is 1714296-02, 1996 Revised 1/96. There is no mention in it about lub’ing the transmission. On looking through the parts manual I found the transmission was a Peerless 700-027. Google’ing that got an view that showed a plug on top which is probably for lub. The 755 model was made for several years and there are probably different versions of the manual. If you can please post a link to what you found. Thanks.
This message was modified Feb 19, 2013 by trouts2
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42