Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow Commander update

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Snow Commander update
Original Message   Feb 5, 2013 9:21 am
Well finally got things sorted out on the Toro SC.
Discovered a few other things that needed attention.
Both handles were bent down. From the point just above the
mounting bolts.  Where the steel goes from a round shape to a flat shape.
Had to removed them, cut a slice in the tube, bend them straight and weld the slice closed.
That raised the end of the handle about 6". A much more comfortable height.
It wouldn't stay running under a load.  Found the float was out of adjustment.

As far as how it performs.  It will never win any throwing distance awards.
Throws about half the distance of my Toro Power Clear 210R.
But when it comes to shear power, the thing is a beast.
That 7hp engine has got some power.
It has snowed here the last nine days in a row.
So there are all kinds of snow condition to test it in.
New snow, deep old snow and everything in between.
Yesterday I was cutting thru typical type EOD piles.  About 4 days old and 18 - 20" deep.
Dense and packed snow (but not hard and frozen), chunks of ice.
The blower cut right thru it. Had to work it from the top down sometimes.
But the engine hardly strained at all.  In some places was able to simply cut a 24"
path right thru the pile. I was impressed.  It will even shove out that wet dense stuff without lugging to the point of stalling the engine.
The tilting feature design that allows you to set how aggressively the blower pulls itself forward, works welll
On certain surfaces when your cleaning right down to the pavement.  It will really pull you along behind it
at a fast walk.  But you can release the handle a little and slow it down.
Having the extra 4" of clearing really makes a noticeable difference in total clearing time.
The SC is quite a bit heavier than most SS blowers.  Weighting in about 125 lbs.  So you can't whip it around
quite as easily.  But because the rear wheels are about 3" wide and 6 or 7" in diameter.  It rolls much easier than
than most blower do.  Especially in loose and bumpy snow.  It also has the extra pair of wheels up front so you really
don't have to tilt the blower up when moving backwards.
The powered chute setup that I put on it work like a charm and saves so much time.
Not having to stop and redirect the chute.  Although because I removed the stops and the chute will spin 360 degrees.
I have a couple of times spun the chute to far and found myself looking down inside the chute.  Hoping nothing comes
out right at that moment.  Now my big decision.  Do I keep the SC and sell my 210R or keep the 210R and sell the SC.
Don't really need both.
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42