Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help with operating my single stage

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Help with operating my single stage
Original Message   Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm
So i picked up this CCR2000 a while back for $20 because the lower housing was badly rusted, but the everything else was usable. I replaced the lower housing & put on a new scraper bar.

Everything went together well, but it seems to be sitting pretty far off the ground (1/2 to 3/4"). Is this normal for an ss? When using, how far do you have to tip it so that the paddles contact the ground and pull it forward?

Thanks

https://t.me/pump_upp
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
mobiledynamics

Re: Help with operating my single stage
Reply #1   Jan 27, 2013 8:29 am
Post a more wide open shot. It's too isolated in your pic. It looks off.

It's too cold to go out and look, but the scraper blades holds the bucket up a bit BUT the paddles if I recall is literally a Hair off the ground. The paddles help move the SS
borat

Reply #2   Jan 27, 2013 9:53 am
What's the clearance between the paddles and housing?  Maybe the paddles are worn down ?
FrankMA

Reply #3   Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am
IIRC, the scrapper bar has a forward/backward adjustment via the slotted holes where it attaches to the bucket. Moving the scrapper bar forward raises the bucket (as in your photo) and moving it backwards toward the operater lowers the bucket. I may be getting my Honda confused with my Toro but I think they both have similar adjustments that allow forward/backward movement as the scrapper bar wears down. This allows you to get maximum life out of the scrapper bar.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
aa335

Reply #4   Jan 27, 2013 10:51 am
borat wrote:
What's the clearance between the paddles and housing?  Maybe the paddles are worn down ?

I'm with Borat on this one.  Check the paddles to see if they are too worn down. 

At first, it looks like the scraper bar is too far extended, but rubber paddles are not seen from the side view.  So I'm thinking the rubber paddles are really worn out. 

The paddles should be replaced at the same time with the scraper bar to ensure optimal operating, proper bucket/paddle gap for efficient snow throwing and minimal tipping forward.  It also helps propel the snowblower forward too.  When you use a new scraper with a worn out paddles, the metal side buckets is more likely to scrape  the pavement when you tip it forward. 

Also, as FrankMA mentioned, the scraper bar as a slotted hole that allows the scraper bar to be adjusted down as the paddles wear.   Make sure it is on the correct end of the slotted hole.

BTW, those CCR2000 with the Suzuki engines are something.  They are great bulletproof engines but getting parts for them can be quite expensive.  I wonder how well it can handle Boratfication.
This message was modified Jan 27, 2013 by aa335
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42