Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > No snow in sight - WTH ???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aa335

No snow in sight - WTH ???
Original Message   Jan 9, 2013 12:05 pm
It's almost middle of January and less than inch of snow accumulation has fallen.   There's no snow forecast in sight.  The temperature is heading up to 50-60F this weekend.  I'm excited about upcoming the warm weather but really want to see some real snow to play with.

Just saying, that's all.  It's been quiet on this forum for the last 3 days.  Too quiet.  I'm going to shift over to collecting lawn mowers instead of snowblowers if this keeps up.  Anybody feels the same way?
Replies: 79 - 88 of 98Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: No snow in sight - WTH ???
Reply #79   Mar 18, 2013 6:49 pm
We got another 3" of wet snow this morning.  This is just getting old and old with these 3-4" Aberta clippers.  It is like watching "Groundhog Day".
Bill_H

Reply #80   Mar 18, 2013 10:08 pm
Springtime in Maine:

The National Weather Service
Portland, ME
Mon, Mar 18, 2013, 2:59 PMEDT

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT EDT TUESDAY NIGHT...

* LOCATIONS... CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND SOUTHWEST MAINE

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 12 TO 16 INCHES.

* TEMPERATURES... UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
FrankMA

Reply #81   Mar 19, 2013 7:53 am
10" on the ground right now and it's supposed to keep snowing til about 6 PM tonite. Don't get me wrong here - I like the snow but at this time of the year I look forward to spring (which is tomorrow BTW!). It's one of those years' where the ground is just about clear of snow and BANG! we get another foot or so and we're back to square one again...

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
carlb

Reply #82   Mar 19, 2013 9:04 am
FrankMA wrote:
10" on the ground right now and it's supposed to keep snowing til about 6 PM tonite. Don't get me wrong here - I like the snow but at this time of the year I look forward to spring (which is tomorrow BTW!). It's one of those years' where the ground is just about clear of snow and BANG! we get another foot or so and we're back to square one again...

Here in South Jersey we have only had a few very small snowfalls this year, in most cases 1" or less.   Never even put gas in my snowblower this year and have already put it back in storage and pulled out the Rototiller and tilled up the garden. 
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #83   Mar 19, 2013 10:34 am
Blew snow again yesterday after a miniblizzard.  Its been 25 below for several nights now, and not expected to warm up much in the 5 day forecast.  Got a 9 foot drift over most of the garden and itll take a LONG time to go at this rate.  Last year I rototilled my garden at the end of....March!

aa335

Reply #84   Mar 19, 2013 10:47 pm
The forecast for my area is no snow for the next 10 days.   I'm kinda bummed not seeing a big snow storm this year.  The most snowfall at one time was 7 inches.

It has been windy, wet, and cold lately.  Too cold, doesn't feel like spring to me.  However, I already heard lots of birds chirping.  Today, I saw two fat birds scoping out a place on a tree to build a nest on one of my trees.  It's a good sign.
Dr_Woof

Reply #85   Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm
It is here!  Really strong winds, but no snow (yet - sposed to come tomorrow).  Had to blow out a three foot drift so my wife could get back in this afternoon - half an hour later it was back and couldnt even tell it had been gone.  Drifts along the driveway are approaching 8 or 9 feet high now.  We are pretty well isolated from the outside world here right now, and the weatherman says it's only going to get worse and last at least till Friday night.

This being the situation, I am makling request for an emergeny airdrop here.  NEED BEER!!

MN_Runner

Reply #86   Mar 20, 2013 9:42 pm
Dr_Woof wrote:
It is here!  Really strong winds, but no snow (yet - sposed to come tomorrow).  Had to blow out a three foot drift so my wife could get back in this afternoon - half an hour later it was back and couldnt even tell it had been gone.  Drifts along the driveway are approaching 8 or 9 feet high now.  We are pretty well isolated from the outside world here right now, and the weatherman says it's only going to get worse and last at least till Friday night.

This being the situation, I am makling request for an emergeny airdrop here.  NEED BEER!!

How much gasoline do you keep in your garage?  8 or 9 feet will take some time to clear up.  I don't think you want some cheap American beers even when times are tough.
Dr_Woof

Reply #87   Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm
No, the Honda will not handle that.  Probably have to call in the guy with the Bobcat and might have to wait a few days till he gets here.  No so bad at that since it's sposed to stay like this for at least anoher day and a half or so.  But, sometimes.......the wind gets so strong it blows everything away - I'm not holding my breath on that thouigh.

Under these conditions, I will drink most any kind but prefer a light ale.  Any brand will do.  So......when's the airdrop scheduled?  I will stomp out a drop zone for it.

Dr_Woof

Reply #88   Mar 20, 2013 10:22 pm
OK - all done here!  Please hurry - almost out.

Replies: 79 - 88 of 98Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42