Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > auxilary lights

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Santaclause

auxilary lights
Original Message   Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm
I was wondering if any of you have upgraded the light on your blower I have a cub cadet 930 the last year it came with the briggs,I just havent been impressed with the location of the headlight it shines directly on the chute not in front to illuminate where you are blowing.I looked at a utility led work light and was thinking I would just disconnect the light on the unit and use those wires to wire up the new light I will mount off to the side to aim in front of bucket... Anyone else do that?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
jrtrebor

Re: auxilary lights
Reply #1   Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm
Yes, a few here have.
As long as your going to use an LED light you
shouldn't have to worry about drawing to much current.
Which can happen if you put on a light with to much
wattage.  You could damage your lighting coil and then you'll have no light.
Is your existing light built in, instead of being on a bracket of some kind?
Santaclause

Reply #2   Dec 31, 2012 6:35 am
Yes it is built into the center control housing and it is basically a 1156 bulb in a twist turn socket like an automobile.I have replaced ulb and other bulbs fit loose in there etc etc so I just have dealt with it but want something on there I was out the other night for over 2 hrs clearing out in the dark and it sucks im in rural nny so no street lights. I was looking at those lights from like tractor supply that use a 55 w bulb and whatever but the led draws so much lower current and are brighter.
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #3   Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm
Santaclause wrote:
Yes it is built into the center control housing and it is basically a 1156 bulb in a twist turn socket like an automobile.I have replaced ulb and other bulbs fit loose in there etc etc so I just have dealt with it but want something on there I was out the other night for over 2 hrs clearing out in the dark and it sucks im in rural nny so no street lights. I was looking at those lights from like tractor supply that use a 55 w bulb and whatever but the led draws so much lower current and are brighter.

I have this one and love it. https://m.northerntool.com/northerntool/product/detail.do?itemId=20582&categoryId=&path=&productName=false

Santaclause

Reply #4   Jan 6, 2013 6:57 pm
I just orderd a nice 9 led 2100 lumens work light that draws 27 watts , and I installed a new sno cab today so I have a nice place to mount the light so am hoping when it comes I can get it on and be good to go!!!
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42