Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > JD 1130 se won't start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ofourcobra

JD 1130 se won't start
Original Message   Dec 30, 2012 4:15 pm
Hey guys having a problem with my 1130 se it just won't start and if it does it won't stay running for long. I took the carb apart and cleaned it to the best of my ability . One thing I notice and thought was wired was when I was attempting to drain the gas in the tank I removed the gas cap and took the fuel line off go the carburetor and no fuel came out . Should the fuel come pouring out as long as the gas valve is open?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
grump

Re: JD 1130 se won't start
Reply #1   Dec 30, 2012 4:27 pm
See what happens if you disconnect the line at the fuel tank, before the hose and shuter offer valve.

There's likely also a screen filter within the gas tank that might be clogged.

Of course the fuel should flow, not with force but a flow!
Shryp

Reply #2   Dec 30, 2012 4:28 pm
Yes, you should be getting a steady stream of fuel out the line. There is a filter inside the fuel tank that might be clogged. Also, sometimes the insides of the fuel lines deteriorate and they can swell up and block the fuel line. If it is pretty old you should just replace the fuel line as it isn't too expensive. You can get generic fuel line from an auto parts store a lot cheaper than the OEM stuff from the engine manufacturer. I know the older Tecumseh's had 1/4" ID fuel line.
Ofourcobra

Reply #3   Dec 30, 2012 6:26 pm
I tried to get the line closer to the tank but it goes into the valve then turns and I wasn't sure how to take the panel off to get to it ,if it helps I blew into the line into the ann and got bubbles . Is there another way to drain gas so I can possibly see screen .
borat

Reply #4   Dec 30, 2012 6:44 pm
Pull off the fuel tank, shake it vigorously then dump it into a suitable container.  If you have compressed air, you can blow into the fuel line into the tank with the intent of blowing off anything stuck on the screen.  Wash the inside with hot water and rinse afterward with more hot water.  Allow the tank to dry out or you can assist drying by using a hair dryer.  I usually stuff a clean dry absorbant rag into the tank and shake the tank a bit to suck up as much water as possible. If you have a shut off valve, it may also be blocked.  You will need to ensure it's cleaned out. 
This message was modified Dec 30, 2012 by borat
hcbph1

Reply #5   Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am
Ofourcobra wrote:
I tried to get the line closer to the tank but it goes into the valve then turns and I wasn't sure how to take the panel off to get to it ,if it helps I blew into the line into the ann and got bubbles . Is there another way to drain gas so I can possibly see screen .

Sometimes you can tilt the blower up towards the 'service position' and expose the fuel outlet (if it's on the rear of the tank) or tip the front up.  This assumes you're fairly low on fuel though.  To get gas out of the tank, a syphon or turkey baster can be used to do that.  Just don't throw what you take out on the ground - kills the grass etc.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42