Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Inverter Generator Question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Inverter Generator Question
Original Message   Dec 9, 2012 11:20 am

I want to install an hour meter on my inverter generator. I see that there are a number of AC hour meters readily available and that's likely the way I'll go. The machine has a 12 volt, 8 amp DC outlet on it for charging batteries. The problem is that the manual for generator states that you cannot use AC and the 12v DC charging system at the same time which means, if I put an AC hour meter on it, it may not be counting hours when the generator is putting out DC power.

I know there are different timers available that can be operated by using the spark plug lead. Don't want to use one of those because they never seem to last very long. Most have an internal battery that cannot be changed. Accordingly, I'd prefer to wire an AC analog hour meter directly to the AC outlet wiring.

My question is, does anyone know if there is power interruption to the AC outlets when the DC power is being used? I'm assuming that there likely will be a power interruption due to the inverter probably not being able to produce AC and DC simultaneously. However, my knowledge of inverter generators is virtually non-existent. Hence my need to ask.
Replies: 1 - 15 of 15View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 15 of 15View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42