Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Fast adjusting skid shoes

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Fast adjusting skid shoes
Original Message   Nov 19, 2012 7:18 pm
I am waiting for the day when manufacturers will give us skid shoes that adjust in a similar fashion as lawn mowers, where you simply move a lever up and down to where you want the shoes to be, locking the lever in your choice of several pre-set slots; or if there is a way to make it infinitely adjustable, all the better. A single lever could adjust both sides, or have a lever for each side.  How about a lever that is operated from the dash panel?   Or maybe use a quick-release system like that for bicycle wheels. I suppose for either method, we would perhaps still need to put something under the scraper blade to elevate the blower to the desired height before proceeding, but I'm sure this issue could be addressed. 

I realize that mowers have four wheels and snow blowers have only two, but really.....can't anyone figure this out?

I have to shift from asphalt to dirt/grass surfaces when I snowblow, so to avoid having to change the height of the shoes, I just push down on the handlebars when going over the dirt area. I get really tired of having to do that. I don't want to carry a wrench and a piece of wood in my pocket.

Come on Ariens, Toro, Briggs, Husqvarna, MTD, Honda,and whoever else is out there. Show some innovation on this. Please don't suggest that this be left up to people to fix themselves. How many of us can or want to have to do this on our own by cutting and welding, or whatever? Whichever company can innovate on this issue could see some good sales results, I would guess.
This message was modified Nov 19, 2012 by coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42