Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > SNOW!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

SNOW!!!
Original Message   Nov 10, 2012 3:55 pm
We got snow!!  Bout a foot or so and 2 foot drifts.  Nice light stuff - fun to blow!  First time this year and I hope the freezing rain stuf is done fur.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 13NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
55utilitysedan

Re: SNOW!!!
Reply #1   Nov 10, 2012 4:19 pm
Showoff!!!!!!!!...........
aa335

Reply #2   Nov 10, 2012 4:33 pm
64 degrees F for the next two days. Woo hoo gangnam style!
borat

Reply #3   Nov 10, 2012 5:08 pm
We're getting the freezing rain accompanied with high winds now.   Nasty stuff indeed.  
Steve_Cebu

Reply #4   Dec 1, 2012 6:29 pm
Here in NH we are getting powdery snow but it is supposed to turn into ice pellets later tonight.

Nothing for a snowblower. The leaf blower would work better.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
borat

Reply #5   Dec 2, 2012 9:38 am
It's been above freezing here for a couple of days and raining off and on.  All of that beautiful pristine snow is melting.  Fortunately there is some snow forecasted early in the week.
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #6   Dec 2, 2012 6:46 pm
I guess it is catching.  Raining here too now with 70 km/h wind.  They had the trans Canada Hwy closed down from Regina to Brandon yesterday - hundreds of semis pile up everywhere.  Winter sure come early this year - and with a vengeance.

borat

Reply #7   Dec 2, 2012 7:38 pm
A few years back I took a trip from Guelph Ont. to Surrey B.C. in a 1988 Ford F-150 pickup loaded to the nuts pulling a U-Haul also heavily loaded.  It was mid February. My nephew was moving lock, stock and barrel to start his career as an engineer out on the west coast.  Saw god twice on that trip.  Once along the north shore of Lake Superior between Wawa and White River, the other time was in the middle of Saskatchewan.  We came into the province on the heels of a freezing rain storm that turned the highway to a skating rink.  South wind was blowing hard.  Real hard.   We had an 18' canoe on a rack on the pickup and had it tied down tighter than the hubs of hell.  Nonetheless, it was still skewing diagonally across the lenght of the truck.  Blasts of wind would hit us so hard we could feel the rig being blown toward the shoulder.  It was a real nail biter.  Vehicles in the ditch all over the place including big rigs.  What I found commical was that there was only one hill with a curve at the top and bottom near the western border of Saskatchewan.   There were at least six to eight vehicles off the road at each curve and the weather there wasn't nearly as bad as what we had just driven through.  When we hit the Alberta border, it was like driving into a different country.  Sunny, calm and hardly any snow.  We had run the Saskatchewan gauntlet!!
aa335

Reply #8   Dec 19, 2012 1:07 pm
Expecting some snow tomorrow evening.  2 to 4 inches.  No biggie.  First snow of the season.  :)   I'll take what I can get.
This message was modified Dec 19, 2012 by aa335
borat

Reply #9   Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm
The snow is so low here that the stinking deer are eating the grass on our lawn.  We got a dusting today but hardly enough to matter.  Could blow the driveway off with a popcorn fart......
MN_Runner

Reply #10   Dec 19, 2012 5:56 pm
aa335 wrote:
Expecting some snow tomorrow evening.  2 to 4 inches.  No biggie.  First snow of the season.  :)   I'll take what I can get.

I thought you guys were getting more than a few inches.  We got 15" a few weeks ago and hopefully it stays quiet.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 13NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42