Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Portable Backup Generator output Concerns

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

Portable Backup Generator output Concerns
Original Message   Oct 28, 2012 2:19 pm
I'm in the market for a backup generator- I have been searching for unit that is reliable and portable. The Honda units are outstanding but I am lost as to power output. This concern is on many generators not just Honda. Honda clams there EU 2000 peaks at 2000 and will run 1600 watts continuous, and offer a parallel kit to run them together for 3200 watts which = 26.66 amps and at max load give me 4000 watts 30 amps. Although low on the power I can live with that. My big Question is the larger units over 4000 watts. Anything over 4000 watts will give me more than 30 amps. That being why do All of the Honda units as well as other manufactures only offer 20 and 30 amp breakers and plugs from the generator? The Honda EU 6500 will peak at 54 amps- greater power but if I cant feed my house with it than I should go with a smaller unit. How do they justify all that power and off a small 30 amp breaker. I know some plugs are labeled 120/240 volt , and at 240 volts I get 29.5 amps peak at 6500 watts. But then what happens if I only need 120 volts but above 4000 watts ? Will the breaker keep tripping? I have a concern about safty
This message was modified Oct 28, 2012 by bus708
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42