Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > your message board is crappy

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

your message board is crappy
Original Message   Feb 7, 2005 5:57 pm
last week i posted a very detailed story about about a honda snowblower .at least i thought i posted it until the site told me i wasnt a member and couldnt post here.and my story was lost in a hurry.

i thought it was somthing i did...and even posted here about it.a few minutes later my computer went down and i didnt get back for days.

this evening i started posting a deatailed story about a kohler engine .

guess what it kicked me out again..and i even checked to see if i was still logged in and i was.

when i hit the post button ...there it was gone .

sombody seems to be playing a nasty trick here.

im not very computer savvy but small engines are my experienca .

if you like me helping then someone best help me.

later a very disapointed chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: your message board is crappy
Reply #21   Feb 7, 2005 8:56 pm
argh i did what you told me ...

and still crappy. im only half a member or somthing.

just tried to reply about the lil snowbird pic and poof im gone again and miss snowshoveler was watching me just to make im not a dumbhead .

im gonna go hide in a closet till spring.

ill be on some kind of pension before  before the grass grows.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #22   Feb 7, 2005 8:58 pm
After you clicked on the "keep me logged in" box, did you click on SAVE?
mrmom

Reply #23   Feb 7, 2005 9:55 pm
Same bloody thing  happened to me. I was typing up a comparison on the Mantis and Honda tillers based on what I learned researching the net on a thread I started. Between interruptions from the kids and my pathetic typing speed, when I hit  'post', it came back as I was 'no longer logged in'. WTF? Everything was gone. The back button didn't do squat. Boy was I p'oed.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #24   Feb 7, 2005 10:00 pm
For what it's worth, this thread prompted me to go to my account and check out what was checked and not checked. So now hopefully I can avoid this problem. So I owe you a thank you!

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
18Degrees

Reply #25   Feb 7, 2005 10:00 pm

I too had time out to my frusteration.                                18 degrees                                                         

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
SnowPro

Reply #26   Feb 7, 2005 11:35 pm
I'll add my name to the list of people getting the "not a member" stuff when going to post a message.

It has happened a few times now.  ESPECIALLY frustrating when you are creating a detailed message and it is gone in an instant!

Ken

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #27   Feb 8, 2005 12:35 am
Yep, happened to me also.  Now we'll have members supposedly on their computers in the middle of the night.    I usually hit ctrl+a, then ctrl+c, then click post.  If it says I'm not allowed to post here, I just go back to the thread and hit reply and push ctrl+v then it appears again.  That still doesn't help if you have the power go off on your computer, unless you have backup. 
Ajace

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #28   Feb 8, 2005 5:47 am
I made sure that Chris checked the box and hit save.  But to no avail.  The blue smoke rolled once again when he hit post and it had booted him out.

It's still a little too nippy here at night to open the doors to let the smoke rolling off him clear.

Glad in a way to hear that some of you guys are also having the same problem.  Means that we're not alone in our isolated little part of the world.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Emmo

Reply #29   Feb 8, 2005 7:55 am
You can add me to the list and yeah I'm "permalogged" and using firefox.

Also many times when I go to add a link, I get it all setg up and when  I click "OK in the link box, the whole thing disappears.  this happen to anyone else?
KRoach

Reply #30   Feb 10, 2005 6:15 pm
If it helps at all, I like to copy a message before hitting post (select all, than choose copy from the edit menu).  If you lose the message, you just have to reply again and choose edit - paste.
Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42