Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda GX390 with gas in the oil compartment

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RHLGA

Honda GX390 with gas in the oil compartment
Original Message   Sep 14, 2012 11:21 am
I have a Honda GX390 13hp engine and I was getting ready to change the oil and noticed that there is gas in the oil reservoir. What is the problem?
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
robertcoats

Re: Honda GX390 with gas in the oil compartment
Reply #2   Sep 14, 2012 2:01 pm
Carl is spot-on.

Always close the fuel valve when not using the engine. This will prevent fuel from going anywhere.

The seat valve in the carburetor could be failing. Have the carb inspected and verify the float and seat are okay.

Depending on which GX390, there is a vent (port or tube) on the carb that can get clogged, and if the fuel valve is open...

Finally, if the tank if really full, and it's left in hot, open sunlight, the tank can pressurize, and force fuel down the tube, but again, a closed valve will stop this.

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42