Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 926 DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

926 DLE
Original Message   Feb 7, 2005 6:22 am
This unit is NEW used it for about 2 1/2 Hr. Two times while in 1st gear going along it chattered for about 3-4 sec, Then it moved along fine.

Then while I was at the end of the drive w/ 8-10" of snow in 1st gear it stoped moving, The wheel's were not spining it just stoped moving.

I put it to rev. It moved in Rev great, then back to 1st & it went along fine till it did it again.I did the same move Rev went backwards then it was fine again.

I spoke with my dealer he said O just a cable adj. I will send someone to your house to adj it. Well when I got home it was gone. they took it in to make repairs. Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them.

My Dealer seems great he has been in bussiness for a long time My first buy from them, so far GREAT SERVICE.

Brent

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Replies: 37 - 46 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Re: 926 DLE
Reply #37   Feb 12, 2005 12:26 pm
Solara   Just as a suggestion, being it is new and I think u said u dealer is HD.  You are having some align problems , all from what don know yet.  How about Taking the whole top of your handle off, 4 wing nuts, unscrew  unscrew drive cable down at the adjustment, disconnect shift rod , unplug light and heat grip connections,  not sure how the auger controll cable comes off , wether it is easy or not, hopefully easy,  disconnect the chute crank  and tilt thingy.  Actually all that should not take long  (Dun know bout the augel cable though)..   call up the dealer ahead of time and see if that is ok with him as you can take it into him  and if it is a parts warranty prob,  he can get you the parts or new shift mech etc.  rather than having to get to a dealer later and 

clouding the issue with you altering something.  (minor alteration, n/p)  but sounds you got two problems,  maybe caused by one thing,  but grinding down a locking tab  for the interlock will prob not solve the selector going into 6th gear even with the shift rod  completly disconnected from it

Just a thought

Ben07

This message was modified Feb 12, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #38   Feb 12, 2005 12:27 pm
I hope these issues are being brought to the attention of Ariens.  If you keep them to yourself and simply try to fix the issue on your own, you won't be accomplishing anything for the next production year.  Nothing wrong with improving on your snowblower design, but at least keep them in the loop.  If enough people give the manufacturers enough feedback, whether good or bad, it'll send the correct message to them and keep them on their toes. 

Richie
solara

Reply #39   Feb 12, 2005 12:37 pm
ben that's not a bad idea,,, but i do not think a sdealer would be pleased. my guess is that they will want to see the machine.

richie, i have not contacted ariens as yet.

BTW, i think the thing works when it is running beccause there is a little play in he cam and when it is runnning the vibration moves the cam and allows it to catch.

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Ben07

Reply #40   Feb 12, 2005 12:50 pm
solara wrote:
ben that's not a bad idea,,, but i do not think a sdealer would be pleased. my guess is that they will want to see the machine.

richie, i have not contacted ariens as yet.

don't ask them on the phone  if they are close  go in and run it past them, then say could I just bring you in the handle for you to look at,  if he says ok, your in.  if not satisfied there e-mail Ariens,  They will give you clearence or not.  Also the dealer would be a sh@t  not to take a look at something you can put right in front of his nose on the counter.  He has a chance to help a customer out from his  rocking chair.  (could be worth a stop to get a feel) 

Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #41   Feb 12, 2005 1:12 pm
Solara,

I agree with the others that are advising you to get the machine to a dealer. Based on your measurement and your observation with the cam there does appear to be a defect with the dash assembly. I think you should have it corrected under warranty rather than trying to fix it your self, at least that's what I'd do.

Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Ben07

Reply #42   Feb 12, 2005 1:53 pm
Solara  I know this is all easier said than done, telling you to go to the dealer.  The dealers do resort to "you bought it at home depot then get home depot to fix it"  I was a service manager at an auto dealership for a few years, and when we would get a tough sticky repetitive prob, I would have to go to the dealer owner and he would say the same thing.  And he never once got in amy trouble from the manufacturer.

I gave the local dealer a chance on my purchase.    I ran into a great deal, it was anever used end of season left over.  Not a takeback re-furb,  Last year march 8524le, 700 bucks.  I saw it and didn't buy it,  I was driving down the road past this equip place, turned around and went in.  They happened to sell Ariens.  I did not want to use the price against them ..  I told them I was about to purchase a 8524le, would prefer to give a dealer the sale  no price mentioned by me.   I also said I don need it now  I will give you a deposit and I don care if I get it till August,  what is the best price you will give it to me for. (pls note I would have given him more than the 700 depo price)  (figured this would be a win situation for them as I don't think they were going to sell any more SB at that time)  He and manager type whatever  looked it all up  they came back with 1200.  I said are you sure. he said yes that is what the machine is telling me as he pointed to his computer monitor.  .  I turned and walked out. 

So I had to buy from HD  -500 bucks difference  ,  just saw yesterday at HD a 5520 2 stage new for 449.  Is that a sweet  compact and strong built machine..    I could have bought  two SB from HD  and still been ahead of the game. 

Makes you think that the manufacturer sets the price for different markets,  my guess so only certain models sold to HD.  Is it a good practice,  up front they get you,  so I think HD should be responsible for hookin you up with service.  The manufacturer may assume there are less warranty repairs for the trivial stuff, so they pass the savings on to you,  they and you save, fine when it is running.  Can get into a lot of arguments when it isn't during the warranty period. 

Ben07

This message was modified Feb 13, 2005 by Ben07

solara

Reply #43   Feb 12, 2005 2:14 pm
thanx guys. i will think about it and look to see what has to be done to remove the dash.

if the highest gear is thera and if it does engage while moving i may just live w./ it.

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Ben07

Reply #44   Feb 12, 2005 3:01 pm
solara wrote:

if the highest gear is thera and if it does engage while moving i may just live w./ it.

Yes could do that then when the snow quits , truck the whole thing to a dealer at begin of summer.   If you want to make sure it works in 6th gear, just disco the shift rod down at the cotterpin at the case,  just let it hang  start the machine it will automatically seek the highest gear when you engage the left   lever for the self propel.   don think you need to do that cause you were pretty ure the gear box shaft moves down or up (not sure now) a little more when you disco the shift rod as it is the shifter mech that is holding it back from 6th.  By the way I do all my adjustments from down there, take pin out then turn the whole shift linkage rod then just put the cotter pin in a little so i can center the adjustments and check it in different positions like 19 times.  you don have to get that finiky but it is easier than playin around under the dash and you get a direct reference on where the rod thatis going into the tranny is and how much play, further it can go etc.  Much faster if you want to see how your adjustment works while it is running,  turn one more turn then go into 1f and 1r , then turn outer way and check etc.  much faster way to do it and double check and compare slight adjustments.

Ben07 

This message was modified Feb 12, 2005 by Ben07

Snowmann

Reply #45   Feb 12, 2005 6:08 pm
Solara,

PM sent.

Paul Koltz

TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Reply #46   Feb 12, 2005 9:28 pm
Solara

Yes I got it back & so far its working 100%.

IM not sure why they had to keep it for 6 days but it seem to be working Great.

I went out yesterday for about 2 1/2 hr. Now its time to change the oil.

Thanks for all of the great information for everyone. IM sure with everyone here I will keep this machine working for a long time

Thanks

Brent

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Replies: 37 - 46 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42