Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 921006 (ST1130DLE) Auger/Impeller removal?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mconway

Ariens 921006 (ST1130DLE) Auger/Impeller removal?
Original Message   Aug 20, 2012 3:54 am
As per the title, I need to remove the auger from my Ariens to replace a damaed rake. Apart from replacing a couple of shear pins, I've never done anything like this on a snowblower, so hopefully someone can help. I think I already know the answer, but on this particular model the unit must be "split" to remove the auger correct? I've removed the 3 bolts connecting the auger from each side of the housing and the 2 bolts from the hanger support. Next I removed the belt guard and the finger guard to expose the belts which is where I called it a night. I assume next is to remove the belts and somehow split the unit. As per the attched pic, there are two bolts (highlighted with black rectangles) on each side of the unit that appear to connect the auger housing to the main body which appear to need to be removed. Once this is done would the two remaining bolts (black circles) simply be slackened to allow the two halves to pivot? TIA.

Edit. Well I couldn't leave it alone and managed to separate the two halves of the blower and am left with this. Can I just tap through the center hole on the pulley hub and free the auger/impeller assembly?

This message was modified Aug 20, 2012 by mconway
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42