Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda FRC800 Rototiller

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
carlb

Honda FRC800 Rototiller
Original Message   Apr 19, 2012 6:13 pm
I got this rototiller last year in trade for a 1963 Ariens 2 stage snow blower.  It ran great but the paint was sun faded.  I just got down painting it after tilling the garden for spring planting.  Here are some before and after pictures of it.

Berfore

After

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Honda FRC800 Rototiller
Reply #1   Apr 22, 2012 6:47 am
Carl,
   Great job.  It looks fantastic. The MSRP on a new one is something like $2699.  Getting that for a 63 Ariens was nice trade.  The three speeds and reverse on that are nice to have and a GX on top a great engine.
RedOctobyr

Reply #2   Apr 22, 2012 8:47 am
trouts2 wrote:
The MSRP on a new one is something like $2699.

Wow. I know Honda stuff comes at a price, but I'd never have guessed you could spend $2500+ for a tiller :) Shows how much I know about tillers. Another great deal, carlb! And the paint job looks beautiful, nice work.
carlb

Reply #3   Apr 22, 2012 10:43 am
Thanks for the kind words guys.  The re-paint on the tiller was pretty straight forward since there was no rust only badly faded paint and some dirt/grease and grime .  This tiller isn't very old, it is a 2005 but was kept in a sun porch facing south so other than the faded paint it was in great shape.  Yes new they are pricy at around 2600 dollars, that is why i jumped at the deal.

I was looking for a tiller on CL and found an add that wanted to trade this frc800 for a two stage snow blower.  Since i had picked up the old Ariens to clean up and sell anyway it was a no brainer.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42