Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What do you think?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

What do you think?
Original Message   Mar 23, 2012 9:51 pm
Being it hit 80 degrees yesterday and its officially spring you think its a good idea to hit the Toro dealer for a steal on a SS unit?  I passed by about 2 weeks ago and they were loaded with units lined up outside. Or wait a bit more?
This message was modified Mar 23, 2012 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
RedOctobyr

Re: What do you think?
Reply #1   Mar 24, 2012 10:30 am
Well, I'm assuming we're all done with snow for the year (not that we ever really got started; and 80+ F in March in MA??). I don't know how the dealers deal with their unsold inventory. But it seems reasonable to guess they know they are kind of stuck with them at this point, and may be willing to deal. There's also Craigslist, if you'd consider used.
borat

Reply #2   Mar 24, 2012 10:49 am
I'd drop by to see if they're flexible. 

Not sure about your Toro dealers, but the local gouger here will likely try to charge more because he needs the money due to poor sales.  We didn't have much winter either.  Lots of stock everywhere to choose from.  

Make up your mind what you think you want to pay and make an offer.  See if they bite.  
TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #3   Mar 24, 2012 1:42 pm
I found some dealers advertising on Craig's list. Walked in with the posting and told the local dealer I can do cash or travel to the Craig's list dealer. He wanted $20 extra and would assemble. We had a deal on a Honda 520.

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
stresst

Reply #4   Apr 3, 2012 6:27 pm
TomP wrote:
I found some dealers advertising on Craig's list. Walked in with the posting and told the local dealer I can do cash or travel to the Craig's list dealer. He wanted $20 extra and would assemble. We had a deal on a Honda 520.

I am looking for a dealer that has it assembled....if its still in a box its much easier to stack and they wont occupy floor space. Assembled units take up a ton of room, have to be moved daily and there is a risk of them getting damaged from sitting a full year. Mom and pop shops here in NYC are primarily very small, my plan was to wait till after Easter and low ball em and see what happens.....

TORO 826OXE
FrankMA

Reply #5   Apr 3, 2012 6:58 pm
That's a good plan, especially if they need the floor space to display the current crop of seasonal OPE. I've seen some cheap prices at Home Depot on off season OPE that was stashed in the far corners of the indoor/outdoor landscape area.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
aa335

Reply #6   Apr 8, 2012 12:21 am
No clearance in my area.  They all moved the snow equipment away and put in the lawn equipment.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42