Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Republican and Democrat SS Snowblower Models

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MN_Runner

Republican and Democrat SS Snowblower Models
Original Message   Feb 11, 2012 10:23 am
If there were SS snowblowers for republicans, democrats and indepedents, what would they be?

• Top republican SS snowblower brand: Owns Toro (Efficient, cost effective and exciting)
  • Top democrat SS snowblower brand: Owns Honda (Reliable, predictable, boring and expansive)
  • Independent SS snowblower brands: Owns both Toro and Honda (Best of both)

If you are a democrat, you don't have to apologize for being who you are as there is a very glimmer of hope for you.

Replies: 1 - 20 of 20View as Outline
Glosta

Re: Republican and Democrat SS Snowblower Models
Reply #1   Feb 11, 2012 11:17 am
I agree with some of the democratic characteristics listed for Honda snowblowers, but I'm not sure I would classify them as "boring" ???   That's like calling a Ferrari a "serviceable automobile".

I find my Honda 928WAS and HS621a to be very "exotic".  

With that said.... the crown jewel in my stable will always be the Yamaha Ricky.   That's my Shelby GT350  

aa335

Reply #2   Feb 11, 2012 1:56 pm
I'm having hard time seeing how Honda SS can be democratic. 

I would classify these differently:

Republican SS :  Ariens, Toro, Honda, Simplicity  (expensive with lots of doo dads, sold by boutique dealers who make customers happy)

Democratic SS:  Craftsman, Poulan Pro, MTD, Yardman, Cub Cadet  (you gets a big engine for your money, some may have all the doodads, but generally not as well built, different brands may look like one another, a lot of inbreeding, sold by big box stores, you're on your own if you need it fixed)

Independent SS:  Homebrew boratified 2 stroke with handbuilt doodads.  (doesn't care what people think or what costs, these machines are purpose built, parts can come from anywhere, no need for support because the owners can fix it themselves)

This message was modified Feb 11, 2012 by aa335
MN_Runner

Reply #3   Feb 11, 2012 2:51 pm
Borat seems like a true independent guy and trouts may be a libertarian.  aa335 is definitely an elephant.  stresst is a moderate in search of middle ground (or snowblower).
carlb

Reply #4   Feb 11, 2012 2:59 pm
No such thing as a SS democratic snow blower.  If it were a democrat the Government wouldn't allow you to use it without mandated healthcare insurance and even at that they would do it for you so that you could have time to go occupy something and because they think your too stupid or helpless to do it on you own.  The snow blower would have to  to control you not you control it. 

Republican snow blower would be expensive and pretty but not mind working.

Independent snow blower would be a restored Frankenstein made up of different parts and wouldn't care if it was pretty or not  but get the job done (sorta like Joe Liberman) .
This message was modified Feb 11, 2012 by carlb
MN_Runner

Reply #5   Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm
With Omamacare system, if you get hurt while using SS, you will be covered although the quality and quickness may be in doubt.
carlb

Reply #6   Feb 11, 2012 3:25 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
With Omamacare system, if you get hurt while using SS, you will be covered although the quality and quickness may be in doubt.

You will have to wait 6 months to have your hand re-attached.
MN_Runner

Reply #7   Feb 11, 2012 4:19 pm
Just in time for next winter season!
trouts2

Reply #8   Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Wouldn’t Republicans by policy have to favor second hand pre-EPA 2 strokes which are being regulated out of existence?   A Democrat might go with the more politically correct 4 strokes.

MN_Runner: “trouts may be a libertarian”

So, ranked in with Lyndon LaRouche!  He was a Start Wars advocate before Reagan, wanted to colonize Mars and move Congress to the back side of the moon for protection.  Quite a character and stunning intellectual who’s good moral behavior won him time in the same sell as Jimmy Baker. 

Hard to say where the politics are.  Got weirded out watching Ann Coulter last night on CSPAN as I found myself agreeing with much of what she said.  She’s a very capable presenter but like Barbara Boxer hardly in touch with facts.

The topic made me thing of what Elizabeth Warren and Warren Buffet might buy.  After a while I thought they both might be comfortable with a shovel.

GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #9   Feb 12, 2012 8:10 am
carlb wrote:
You will have to wait 6 months to have your hand re-attached.

You've been through the Canadian (Quebec) system haven't you?

https://t.me/pump_upp
borat

Reply #10   Feb 12, 2012 8:47 am
GtWtNorth wrote:
You've been through the Canadian (Quebec) system haven't you?

You could always jump the queue and go to Mexico.

However, when you get home and take the bandages off, don't be surprised to see they sewed your hand on upside down. 

You'll still be able to operate a SS machine with one hand up, one down.  A dual stage might be a bit trickier........
This message was modified Feb 15, 2012 by borat
aa335

Reply #11   Feb 13, 2012 9:46 am
carlb wrote:
Republican snow blower would be expensive and pretty but not mind working.

Only 1 Republican snowblower need to do any work.   That's enough to support 1 slacker Republican (garage queen snowblower) and 15 Democrats on welfare (broken or project snowblower in progress).  
This message was modified Feb 13, 2012 by aa335
manjestic

Reply #12   Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm
The Democrat snowblower is borrowed from his neighbor but is not allowed to use it because the nanny state doesn't trust anyone can use it without causing injury. Also, you're not allowed to utter the word snowblower because it offends lovers of snow. Furthermore, the Dem would outlaw internal combustion snowblowers and require others to buy electric which are 4 times the cost and don't run during power failures. The Republican snowblower is actually a guy hired to plow his driveway because he is too busy working to pay taxes to clear his own driveway. Alternatively, he owns one from the Reagan era, old and delapitated, needing a restoration...a return to principles, if you will. The Independent snowblower is efficient and affordable and just right for that person, be it a SS, two-stage, hybrid or a shovel for his kids (to teach them a good work ethic).
MN_Runner

Reply #13   Feb 15, 2012 8:29 pm
Sounds like you are talking about your favorite x-governor, Romblower!
FrankMA

Reply #14   Feb 16, 2012 5:21 am
manjestic wrote:
The Democrat snowblower is borrowed from his neighbor but is not allowed to use it because the nanny state doesn't trust anyone can use it without causing injury. Also, you're not allowed to utter the word snowblower because it offends lovers of snow. Furthermore, the Dem would outlaw internal combustion snowblowers and require others to buy electric which are 4 times the cost and don't run during power failures. The Republican snowblower is actually a guy hired to plow his driveway because he is too busy working to pay taxes to clear his own driveway. Alternatively, he owns one from the Reagan era, old and delapitated, needing a restoration...a return to principles, if you will. The Independent snowblower is efficient and affordable and just right for that person, be it a SS, two-stage, hybrid or a shovel for his kids (to teach them a good work ethic).

Excellent assessment (from a snowblower point of view)!

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #15   Feb 17, 2012 12:55 pm
This is definitely the funniest thread I've ever seen on this forum.  Nicely done, everyone!

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
RedOctobyr

Reply #16   Feb 17, 2012 2:08 pm
Is the Al Gore snowblower the one that doesn't need to exist, 'cause we are having weird weather and not actually getting any snow?
carlb

Reply #17   Feb 17, 2012 2:28 pm
Al Gore actually invented a new snow blower, It runs on hot air and cow farts.
MN_Runner

Reply #18   Feb 17, 2012 10:28 pm
No worries.  If Toro and Ariens were to go Chapter 13, the democrats will bail them out. If you cannot make Husqvarna Hydrostatic snowblower payments and your banks go bad, the republicans will bail the banks out and have them take your hydrostatic snowblowers away.  Indepedents will find logical and practical solutions for all and make sure you don't spend more than what you earn.
blumonster

Reply #19   Feb 10, 2013 11:00 am
trouts2 wrote:

Wouldn’t Republicans by policy have to favor second hand pre-EPA 2 strokes which are being regulated out of existence?   A Democrat might go with the more politically correct 4 strokes.

MN_Runner: “trouts may be a libertarian”

So, ranked in with Lyndon LaRouche!  He was a Start Wars advocate before Reagan, wanted to colonize Mars and move Congress to the back side of the moon for protection.  Quite a character and stunning intellectual who’s good moral behavior won him time in the same sell as Jimmy Baker. 

Hard to say where the politics are.  Got weirded out watching Ann Coulter last night on CSPAN as I found myself agreeing with much of what she said.  She’s a very capable presenter but like Barbara Boxer hardly in touch with facts.

The topic made me thing of what Elizabeth Warren and Warren Buffet might buy.  After a while I thought they both might be comfortable with a shovel.

Old thread but I had to reply.Honda snowblowers are all 4 stroke engined, right? So politcally correct, not a hybrid or a hydrogen-powered engine yet but democratic enough. Craftsman, Toro, Ariens... are the Buicks of snowblowers and they rhyme with Republicans to me.
MN_Runner

Reply #20   Feb 10, 2013 11:04 am
My HS928 pulls left and I am not that liberal.
Replies: 1 - 20 of 20View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42