Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro CCR 3650 Carburetor Replacement

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Summerwinds

Simplicity 924i, Toro 3650

Toro CCR 3650 Carburetor Replacement
Original Message   Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm
Has anyone replaced a carburetor on a Toro CCR 3650 single stage snowblower? If so, is this a complicated procedure? What should I expect to pay for a new or rebuilt carburetor?

Thanks for your advice!

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
niper99

Re: Toro CCR 3650 Carburetor Replacement
Reply #1   Jan 13, 2012 1:27 am
lve personally never had to replace the hole carb before...90% of the time all they need is a good cleaning and the needle & seat replaced part # 92-9697...that should work...might wanna double check and make sure thats the correct carb...they usually run around $4-5..  l cahrge $50 + parts to rebuild that carb..if i install new fuel lines & filter add $20.. 
This message was modified Jan 13, 2012 by niper99
FrankMA

Reply #2   Jan 13, 2012 8:16 am
Not the same animal but I priced out a new replacement carb for my CCR3000 (Suzuki Engine) and it was $ 185.00.  YIKES!
This message was modified Jan 13, 2012 by FrankMA

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
jtclays

Reply #3   Jan 13, 2012 8:37 am
Summerwinds,  They came with 2 different carbs.  One was the cheapo black plastic version, then they upgraded to a metal one. The plastic carb can be found, but they leak eventually (or even new).  What's the prob with your current carb?  I actually don't even have one of these machines (yet), but have been looking to get one for a year, so I've done some research.  I've learned that leaking when left to store is one major complaint.  If it runs well otherwise, you can cheat the system a bit by installing a fuel shutoff inline. 
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #4   Jan 13, 2012 10:22 am
If yours is the Rtek engine with the plastic bodied carb it warps from heat and probably won't run well even if rebuilt.If it runs well with a rebuild then the carb hasn't warped. The metal carb replacement is pricey-around $90 . Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
aa335

Reply #5   Jan 13, 2012 1:13 pm
FrankMA wrote:
Not the same animal but I priced out a new replacement carb for my CCR3000 (Suzuki Engine) and it was $ 185.00.  YIKES!

Should that price comes with engine too? 

Anyways, I was looking into replacement costs of coils and carburetor for that CCR3000 and it's crazy.  Honda parts are starting to look reasonable compared to the Suzuki engine parts.

I think I'll be happy with B&S Rtek engine.
This message was modified Jan 13, 2012 by aa335
Summerwinds

Reply #6   Jan 18, 2012 9:56 pm
jtclays wrote:
Summerwinds,  They came with 2 different carbs.  One was the cheapo black plastic version, then they upgraded to a metal one. The plastic carb can be found, but they leak eventually (or even new).  What's the prob with your current carb?  I actually don't even have one of these machines (yet), but have been looking to get one for a year, so I've done some research.  I've learned that leaking when left to store is one major complaint.  If it runs well otherwise, you can cheat the system a bit by installing a fuel shutoff inline. 

I remember that Carter manufactured an automobile carburetor in the 1970's called the "Thermoquad." The concept was the same...plastic bowls would keep the fuel cool for better performance. The Thermoquad was a piece of junk and was prone to vacuum leaks, fuel leaks and warpage. Sounds like a similar issue with the Toro. I will take the Toro apart in the spring and inspect the carb. If it is equipped with the plastic carb as you suggested I will replace it with a metal carb. Thanks for the good advice.
Summerwinds

Reply #7   Jan 18, 2012 10:05 pm
jtclays wrote:

The Toro was given to me by a friend. It's about 5 years old and was lightly used but not well maintained. Last fall I replaced the auger belt, fuel lines, fuel filter and spark plug, cleaned and lubricated it thoroughly and repainted the bucket interior and side panels. It runs reasonably well but surges and does not idle smoothly. Plus, it is incredibly loud. I understand the Toro's are notorious for noise and oily exhaust odors. But I think I can do better by replacing the carb and perhaps the muffler.  
borat

Reply #8   Jan 19, 2012 5:50 pm
Removal, rebuild and replacing a carb is a piece of cake.   Just remember how the linkage and fuel lines hook up.  Other than that it's a couple of screws/nuts to get it off,  and usually four screws to remove the float bowl.  A jet or two to remove with a proper size flat screw driver.  Kits are cheap but I seldom ever use them.   More often than not, I can get a carb running perfectly just with a good cleaning.

As far as Toros being loud, I have to agree.  For a change, I didn't use the old Craftsman SS machine today and pulled out the 221QE.  It is very loud.  I think it has a lot to do with the large, hard plastic body around the engine.  It's quite a bit louder than the old Craftsman and MTD.    As far as replacement engines for the older Toros, I'd certainly look at putting in a Tecumseh two cycle engine.  They're fantastic little engines capable of some serious power if cranked up.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42