Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any new snowblowers out for 2012

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Original Message   Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm
Does anyone know of any new snowblowers out for 2012? Looking to trade in my Toro 826OXE for something with a larger motor. I am leaning toward a larger Toro but  I am open. Any suggestions?
This message was modified Sep 20, 2011 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 58 - 67 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
duke88

Re: Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Reply #58   Dec 9, 2011 7:36 pm
redtaven wrote:
So to continue to add to this discussion. What do we know so far...Toro is dumping B&S engines and going with Loncin. With that said I can get a 926 OXE from my Home Depot for almost $1300 with delivery and tax or try this company on the web.
http://artagarden.com/products.php?product=Toro-Power-Max%C2%AE-826OXE-%2826%22%29-250cc-Two%252dStage-Snow-Blower

What do you all think? They are located in Indonesia, no 800 number and when I spoke to them via on-line chat the person said item will ship from USA in Minnesota.

Why consider them?  Well check out the prices almost $400 less on many Toro units but the s/h & taxes is $210.

Do I take a chance and save almost $200 on a 926 OXE that they sell for $899 plus $210 s/h = about $1109

What to do...new engine made in China and now a Far East company purporting to sell Toro well below others.

I got my 826 OXE (2012 model)  from Speedway Sales for $1299 , no tax & free shipping.    Wise Equipment is another good choice , if I remember right they have the 926 OXE for $1279 , no tax & free shipping.  I have bought mowers etc. in the past from both of these places with no problems at all.   Don't think  I'd be comfortable ordering from some Indonesian outfit...... could be a very expensive deal in the end.
duke88

Reply #59   Dec 9, 2011 8:33 pm
I just found this= "my visit to loncin motorcycle engine factory in china"  (put it in search). interesting they make some of the BMW motorcycle engines and others. Has some pictures of inside factory.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #60   Dec 10, 2011 2:07 am
I'm a big fan of Toro products, no secret there. But if I had to buy a Toro 2 stage with a Loncin engine. I'd buy a Honda instead!

Sure Loncin might be better than they used to be but I want my snowblower to start every time and maybe it will with a Loncin but what about 5-10 years down the road?

I know my B&S will work for many years, but Loncin? I just don't know, and for me, I want reliability in my snowblower because when I wake up at 6am

and there is 20" of snow in the driveway and my wife has to get to the hospital for her job, I need my snowblower to start up every time.

All the fancy gadgets mean nothing if it doesn't start right up and blow snow.

The engine is the heart of the snowblower.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
FrankMA

Reply #61   Dec 10, 2011 8:45 am
Steve_Cebu wrote:
I'm a big fan of Toro products, no secret there.

I never noticed that....

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Reply #62   Dec 10, 2011 9:57 am
If the new Honda Hybrid Snowblower for $ 8000.00 dollars isn't in your price range, try looking at the Cub Cadet that Consumer Reports made its top rated snowblower, it sells for a list price of $ 1,600.00 dollars.  The machine has both a  16" diameter auger (the part that bites into the snow), and a 16" diameter fan (the part that throws the snow).  It is a 900 series Cub Cadet, and they are built by MTD the largest manufacturer of snowblowers.   Most two stage snowblowers have a 12" auger and fan, the larger 16" diameter should translate into more impressive snow removal. Good Luck with whatever you decide to buy.
redtaven

Reply #63   Dec 10, 2011 1:01 pm
To all still unsure about the Loncin engine but as Toro seems to be moving forward with their relationship with Loncin I feel I have no choice but to get the Loncin engine Toro 926 OXE.
The Toro 826 OXE with a 250cc B&S had 11.5 ft/lbs of torque while the Loncin 265 cc that is in the Toro 926 OXE has per Loncin spec website has only 11.1ft/lbs

Oh well can not get everything.
borat

Reply #64   Dec 10, 2011 1:22 pm
Don't let the torque numbers cause you concern.  That's more of a marketing hook than reality.  Chances are the Loncin will be as strong if not more so than the B&S.  Engine manufacturers like to use numbers to impress prospective buyers.  The bigger the number, the juicier the deal.  Engine power can vary considerably even on engines of the same size from the same assembly line never mind between brands.

For instance, a Honda engine of the same or even slightly less displacement as a B&S will deliver noticeably more torque and power despite what the spec sheet shows.  Small engine manufacturers often mislead consumers with false ratings.  A good example of that is the B&S 305cc snow engine that I have on my Simplicity.  On my machine it's rated a 9.5 h.p.  That very same engine is also rated at 9, 9.5, 10 and even 11 h.p. with absolutely no difference in parts.  Other than the decals, the engine parts list is exactly the same for every rating.  So, in my opinion, the engines should be either all 9 h.p. or 11 h.p.  In reality, the power is probably around 10 h.p.   It's all marketing b.s. to get people to pay more for the illusion of getting more power for their money. 

Personally, I doubt there will be that much of a difference in power between the two and if there is, my nod would go toward the Loncin.       
redtaven

Reply #65   Dec 13, 2011 2:14 pm
                        To all but specifically STEVE CEBU:

I have been checking out your videos on youtube on the Toro 1028. I am pretty much decided on a toro even with a Loncin engine. My question is if the adjustable scrapper bar difficult to set and does it work down to the blacktop/concrete. I have 80 foot by 15 foot driveway and assorted walkways and all new concrete, no rough surfaces but unsure about the durability of a moving scrapper bar.

My only use with scrapper is from a 1998 5HP solid as a rock Craftsman even now and that is non movable and still working. In fact nothing ever replaced on this craftsman blower other than the oil once or twice. Very forgiving unit, gas stays in with or without stablizer and still starts year after year. Crank does take a few sometimes but livable.

But really no one in my area even has a toro for me to view this movable scrapper bar setup and if durable and useful once set to get to the ground.

Thanks for any help...

Oh well just pulled up a manual and discovered not moving scraper bar but fixed well maybe off to the order department. Still like feedback on Ariens 24" deluxe (platinum too costly) or Toro 926 OXE
This message was modified Dec 13, 2011 by redtaven
Steve_Cebu

Reply #66   Dec 13, 2011 6:51 pm
I sent you a PM regarding this but to echo what I said in that.

The Toro 1028 does not come with the pivoting scrapper bar just the Toro 1128.

But as you can see from the pic I sent you in the PM and it's also posted here elsewhere it's inside the bucket and it could possibly jam.

That is why I didn't buy a 1128 when my local dealer had plenty of both.

So I wouldn't want one, but if you do get one I'm sure we'd all be interested in how well it performs and if in fact it jams and ices up.

This message was modified Dec 13, 2011 by Steve_Cebu

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
stresst

Reply #67   Dec 13, 2011 7:51 pm
FrankMA wrote:
I never noticed that....

Me either! LOL

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 58 - 67 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42