Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any new snowblowers out for 2012

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Original Message   Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm
Does anyone know of any new snowblowers out for 2012? Looking to trade in my Toro 826OXE for something with a larger motor. I am leaning toward a larger Toro but  I am open. Any suggestions?
This message was modified Sep 20, 2011 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 47 - 56 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
duke88

Re: Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Reply #47   Dec 8, 2011 8:42 pm
I bought a 826 OXE a couple weeks ago and used it once so far , 5 1/2"  wet heavy snow and it walked right through it with no problems. I also noticed  the 926 OXE after I got my 826 and was concerned about the different Toro engine.  I think I'll be happy with the 826 with the Briggs.  Funny the 926 sells for $1299  and the 826 is at $1499 now. Wonder if the Toro engine makes it $200 cheaper to build ?.
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #48   Dec 9, 2011 9:53 am
THe new Toro engines that says Toro on them, are built by one of the Chinese engine manufacturers,    Toro does not build engines.

aa335

Reply #49   Dec 9, 2011 11:10 am
duke88 wrote:
I bought a 826 OXE a couple weeks ago and used it once so far , 5 1/2"  wet heavy snow and it walked right through it with no problems. I also noticed  the 926 OXE after I got my 826 and was concerned about the different Toro engine.  I think I'll be happy with the 826 with the Briggs.  Funny the 926 sells for $1299  and the 826 is at $1499 now. Wonder if the Toro engine makes it $200 cheaper to build ?.

Probably not!  But the public and or Toro may perceive that the US branded B&S engine is worth $200 more.  The left over B&S engine snowblowers are getting rare, and paint Chinese engine in a bad light, so demands are up.  I see opportunities for sales people to get some more money out of this.  When they sold out of the B&S engine, then they'll sing praises for Chinese engines so you have confidence in it.  Hey, they do whatever to make the sale.
This message was modified Dec 9, 2011 by aa335
duke88

Reply #50   Dec 9, 2011 12:05 pm
Well the Toro engine looks good on paper with the cast iron bore liner & heavy crank bearings etc.  The B&S has an aluminum alloy bore.  I guess time will tell how good the Toro engine is.   I think most engines are ok if you do the maintenace properly and don't abuse them.
redtaven

Reply #51   Dec 9, 2011 2:39 pm
The TORO 926OXE has a Loncin Engine. Got it straight from a Toro dealer representative by "pretending" to be a local dealer. The rep. says been using Loncin for about 10 years in various products and going away from B&S due to competition and was very adamant about not re-establishing any relationship with B&S. Rep says backed by Toro and 3 year engine warranty.
I am about to order the 926OXE from HD when I started to do more research and really am on the fence as to the engine quality. The websites say that they also make BMW motorcycle engines and have gotten fairly decent reviews on other websites.
I am fearful about the parts and oil leaking talked about on this websites on some of Loncin other engines. Advice?
This message was modified Dec 9, 2011 by redtaven
borat

Reply #52   Dec 9, 2011 2:51 pm
Loncin make BMW engines?  Really?  Do you have a link for that?

I've also heard that HD make a lot of their engine components and other bike parts in China.  However, have yet to see anything on the internet to prove it.
redtaven

Reply #53   Dec 9, 2011 3:47 pm
Loncin Engine. Got it straight from a Toro dealer representative by pretending to be a local dealer. The rep. says been using Loncin for about 10 years in various products and going away from B&S due to competition and was very adamant about not re-establishing any relationship with B&S.
I am about to order the 926OXE from HD when I started to do more research and really am on the fence as to the engine quality. The websites say that they also make BMW motorcycle engines and have gotten fairly decent reviews on other websites.
I am fearful about the parts and oil leaking talked about on this websites on some of Loncin other engines. Advice?

Are you happy with the unit and build qualityy of the engine? Any chance you got a chance to test it out in snow conditions yet?
redtaven

Reply #54   Dec 9, 2011 4:17 pm
The site that I saw about a review about the Loncin factory is: http://bikeadvice.in/visit-loncin-motorcycle-factory-chongqing-china/

The review is 2 years old but I guess based on the reviewer the quality was good to better than good and I assume since they are now making engines for even more companies that the quailty is still acceptable. I need advice if to go with the 926 OXE as Home Depot allowing me a 20% discount on the online price.
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #55   Dec 9, 2011 4:23 pm
blumonster wrote:
Maybe it is too late, stresst, but today I read that Honda released a brand new 2 stage snow blower which is a hybrid on 27 October 2011. I do not know anything about the price but if you have money to spread around this new snowblower deserves it. :P

http://www.wisesales.com/honda-hs1336ias-snowblower.html

The literature states that there is a large box under the control panel, Keeps tools handy.

Does this suggest that your tools should be handy to repair this unit when it breaks down?

Looks like your tools would mostly electronic devices to test and adjust this model,

Probably could   only be  done by a Honda technician

The money spent for this machine could buy you a good used 4x4  truck with snowplow.

redtaven

Reply #56   Dec 9, 2011 4:30 pm
So to continue to add to this discussion. What do we know so far...Toro is dumping B&S engines and going with Loncin. With that said I can get a 926 OXE from my Home Depot for almost $1300 with delivery and tax or try this company on the web.
http://artagarden.com/products.php?product=Toro-Power-Max%C2%AE-826OXE-%2826%22%29-250cc-Two%252dStage-Snow-Blower

What do you all think? They are located in Indonesia, no 800 number and when I spoke to them via on-line chat the person said item will ship from USA in Minnesota.

Why consider them?  Well check out the prices almost $400 less on many Toro units but the s/h & taxes is $210.

Do I take a chance and save almost $200 on a 926 OXE that they sell for $899 plus $210 s/h = about $1109

What to do...new engine made in China and now a Far East company purporting to sell Toro well below others.
Replies: 47 - 56 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42