Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 421Q recall service performed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aa335

Toro 421Q recall service performed
Original Message   Dec 5, 2011 5:47 pm
My 1 year old Toro 421QE was under recall for carb fuel bowl leak.  The local dealer replaced the carburetor and fuel line.  I was curious to what they actually did so I opened up the top cover to see.  I noticed that the fuel line has been relocated.  Originally, it was looped down so that you can see the fuel line through the opening on the lower cover, that's where I had installed the fuel shutoff valve.  Now it's completely tucked in and zip tied to a part on the air box, and the fuel shutoff valve was gone.  :(  I can no longer see the fuel ine through the opening. 

Anyways, does anyone know why the fuel line was rerouted?
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
alty

Re: Toro 421Q recall service performed
Reply #3   Dec 6, 2011 10:19 am
I also had my Toro 421 QE changed with the new carb about a month ago - the kicker is I just installed a shut-off valve

2 weeks before.  The Toro dealer did the same thing - rerouted the gas line further inside the housing - making it not

accessible like it was originally.  aa335 - I agree I'd still rather have a shut-off valve -  waiting to see what you find.

aa335

Reply #4   Jan 12, 2012 10:50 am
Bump to the top. 

Does anyone know why the fuel line was rerouted?
CharlesW

Reply #5   Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm
aa335 wrote:
Bump to the top. 

Does anyone know why the fuel line was rerouted?

Did you happen to ask your local dealer?

Could be Toro specified how to run the new line, but it's also possible the local dealers have their own idea on how to route the line.

aa335

Reply #6   Jan 12, 2012 4:17 pm
CharlesW wrote:
Did you happen to ask your local dealer?

Could be Toro specified how to run the new line, but it's also possible the local dealers have their own idea on how to route the line.

I haven't asked, but probably should as to why it was rerouted and if there are any issues if I put back the way it was.

The way the fuel line was rerouted, it created a P-trap (similar to the ones under a water sink), not sure if there's reasoning behind that.
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42