Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD Snow Blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jubol

MTD Snow Blowers
Original Message   Jan 28, 2005 4:48 pm

How many of you folks out there with MTD snowblowers, have had problems, or no problems?

Let's count and see how :"Junky MTD" does !!, compared to Ariens great QC ! ! ! 

Fred            

This message was modified Jan 28, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 52 - 61 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
navihawk

Re: MTD Snow Blowers
Reply #52   Feb 3, 2005 8:43 pm
Yeah,Petes right.Put it up on the wheels and shake it.If its wobbly don't get it
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #53   Feb 3, 2005 9:05 pm
jubol wrote:
Chris amd Marshall,

Since you have banned one person for speaking out.

I'm mostly likly next, I would like to express my deep feelings througha quote.

It expresses my feelings to the letter as what this forum should be

In 1906, Evelyn B. Hall wrote

" I dissaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" .

Fred     

Sigh,

Fred I would be angry at you if you knew what I know but you don't.  As a rule we the moderators for the most part keep what goes on behind the scenes to ourselves.  You all do not come here to deal  with issues and problems and I don't blame you.  These past few weeks have been quite time consuming and rough on us mods in terms of dealing with the "one person" who spoke out as you put it.   Folks come here wanting opinions and giving opinions and that is what it is all about and it is all good.  It is HOW they go about doing it that we the mods keep an eye on. 

Remember also that folks come here to help, to learn, for comradery and to have some fun.  If they want to be aggravated they can sit in their own living room and accomplish that I am sure.  They certainly wouldn't come here....Unless you enjoyed trouble.

I will not bore you with the hours we have spent trying to keep SnowRemover under control and keep this forum as pleasant as possible with the tools that we had to start out with.  He was asked to stop causing trouble, he was warned many times.  It was not like it was a suprise to him.  He was really quite the whack job and clearly not mentally stable as seen by one of his post to me after I banned him;

"you really can't keep me off. I use anonymizer to constantly change IP addresses, and you can get a million email addresses for free.

I just started playing nice, do you really want my wrath on this site. If yes, you will have to maintain a constant vigilance to delete posts. Or, let me back on and we can be buddies."

He then attacked the forum and it took all of us Mods to keep him at bay until the owners and the programer Peter finished him off and made sure we will be able to deal with someone like him in the future.

So now knowing some of what I know you may still think it was wrong for us (me in particular as I pulled the trigger) to ban SnowRemover.  I actually respect that if you still do.  That said remember this is not a democracy, it is a privately owned website that we have been allowed to use for free I might add.  We have all been given terms of use to live by that are pretty reasonable I might add, they are at the bottom of the page BTW take a look.  Any interpretation of these rules are where we the mods come in.  We have ALL been asked to make this a great site to visit.  It requires work and effort by everyone.  If there are problems we try to work it out together but if it cannot be resolved we the mods talk it over and make a decision and that is it.  We don't have to do this too often (until lately lol...) but we will if we have to.

Fred you started this post when there was a lot of negativity being generated by a certain person.  I told you my opinion when it started and I still feel the same way. 

I am going to ask you as a respected member of this forum to reasses this situation and reflect upon what put us here in the first place and then I would like us to move on.

Thank you Fred,

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #54   Feb 3, 2005 9:23 pm
A little from the TOU

"AbbysGuide is a community of people helping people make good decisions. Please treat people how you would like to be treated. Foul language, personal attacks or behavior that is disruptive to the helpful atmosphere of the sites will result in that member being banned from the sites."

"Attempts to organize members in such a way as to influence any person or company will be deleted."

"Topics/posts related to the activities of the moderators or administrators are not permitted. Moderators/administrators would be delighted to hear your opinions via email."
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #55   Feb 3, 2005 9:44 pm
You guys are doing a grand job of keeping this forum enjoyable.  If I can help in any please let me know.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

Reply #56   Feb 3, 2005 9:50 pm
Thank you AJace, you're too kind.

I can tell we sure need to be better communicators.
This message was modified Feb 3, 2005 by Marshall
Chuck1

Reply #57   Feb 3, 2005 9:57 pm
AJace wrote:
You guys are doing a grand job of keeping this forum enjoyable.  If I can help in any please let me know.   

Ditto. I know I'm new to this forum, but it's one of the most valuable sites I've stumbled across in my many years on line! Keep up the great work guys!

Chuck

Ariens 11528, Yard Machine by MTD 6.0HP Mower, Weed Eater GTI-15, Simoniz S1600 Washer, Weber Silver C.
Marshall

Reply #58   Feb 3, 2005 10:49 pm
Glad you like it Chuck, that's what we're here for.    

Thanks
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #59   Feb 4, 2005 11:03 am
Marshall,

Looks like this winter has generated some serious "cabin fever". I'm a mod on another tractor related forum (to remain nameless) and have recently seen similar explosions happen there. I'm always sorry to see someone banned, but it is sometimes necessary to keep the peace. I like popping in here and contributing what I can. Just wanted you to know that I understand the hard decisions you mods sometimes are forced to make. Keep up the good work! And it IS good work.

Joe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #60   Feb 4, 2005 11:35 am
Joe, thanks for your words. We need some big snows, LOL.

You're of course welcome here all the time, your contribution are always helpful and even posess some good old fashion humor at times.

Best,

Marshall   

jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Reply #61   Feb 4, 2005 11:37 am
As Joe said I'm a Mod along with him on another board and the last couple weeks we have had a few people just go off the deep end. They have been warn for the last time that the next time they will be baned for good. One of them has already been ban for two week awhile back so hes on his last chance. We give them a couple of warning and then we ban them for a two week period. But if they don't straiten up they gone for good. For the few years i have been coming to this site its been pretty laid back except for a few people. Y'all Mods have done a GREAT job keeping things going with the move and everything Keep up the good work and remember some of us know how hard it is to keep a forum running smoothly.

Replies: 52 - 61 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42