Finally got the electrical straightened out, I hope (with help from some on this board)
and finished up everything else.
Removed the 11hp Honda clone engine that I put on last year and replaced it with a 13hp Honda GX390
with a 10A lighting coil. Rewired everything. Added a stainless shield on the front of the blower
Still have to get a new battery. And hose it down with Fluid Film. But other than that it's ready to go.
Had some snow and sleet today.
Serrated the Augers. Replaced the auger shaft bushing setup with flange bearings
Replaced the impeller bearing. Gave everything a fresh coat of paint.
Tapered the deflector 3/8" on both sides to tighten up the stream a little
Fabricated a new belt cover.
Modified the starter cover to cover the Rectifier and wiring.
Removed the old steel shields on the front of the chute and replaced them with stainless ones.
When I had the wheels off I realized that I could thread in some 1/2 bolts from the back side of the
wheel plate to make studs. Then use car lug nuts to hold the wheels on. Now all the threads are protected from the
weather inside the lug nuts. I'm keeping my eyes open for a pair of cheap 8" moon hub caps.