Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Jubol's Swing Valve Oil Drain

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Jubol's Swing Valve Oil Drain
Original Message   Feb 2, 2005 1:12 pm
Just finished installing Jubol's swing valve oil drain. My installation required the use of a 90 degree elbow due to clearance issues. The real reason for this post is to tell you that the Tecumseh drain tube requires a 1/4"NPT valve. The OD of the tube(drain pipe) is 0.540". Sounds crazy because that's larger than 1/2 inch but that's the correct valve size.

I went to the local plumbing supplies but no one had the LOCKING model that Robmints pictured. I ordered it from McMaster-Carr as Mints suggested.Phone # is (732)329-3200. The part #is4629K11  on page 350 of their catalog.Got it the next day. The locking model has a hole in the handle that accomodates a bolt with a ny-lock nut to prevent the valve from opening(bolt and nut not included).

Thanks to Fred and Mints ! No more mess!

Marc

PS- If you missed  the original thread use the search feature and type in "Jubol's swing valve."

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Jubol's Swing Valve Oil Drain
Reply #1   Feb 2, 2005 1:19 pm
Is the oil plug sort of behind one of the wheels which is why you had to put in the elbow? Someone at work has a Troybilt and says that’s his problem. He said the instructions for draining the oil is to make a cardboard funnel to divert the oil into a container; a messy deal. I’ll pass on your post in case he is interested.
This message was modified Feb 2, 2005 by Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #2   Feb 2, 2005 1:31 pm
My machine is model#42010 circa1997. The desription and instructions concerning the cardboard are the same in my manual. They made a 5hp model with a different engine orientation with the same instructions. If your friends is the 8hp model tell him to look at the picture Fred (Jubol) posted . Mine looks just like his except I used a 90 degree elbow at the end of the drain pipe. He will also have to remove the pull starter (4 nuts) in order to screw the assembly on.

Marc 

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #3   Feb 2, 2005 1:35 pm
Thanks. I don't know what model he has, but I'll pass this along and give him the reference to Fred's photo.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42